To anyone in the Louisiana/Texas area affected by Hurricane Laura please be safe and check in afterwards to let us know you are OK......

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
Yeah, so know there are a few peeps around that area. So yeah please check in and let us know you all are OK after the storm. :hi

I know the storm is gonna go a lil farther in, and make a right turn as a tropical depression......so everybody be smart and stay safe everybody

We need y'all back here ASAP :rocks

Yeah, so know there are a few peeps around that area. So yeah please check in and let us know you all are OK after the storm. :hi

I know the storm is gonna go a lil farther in, and make a right turn as a tropical depression......so everybody be smart and stay safe everybody

We need y'all back here ASAP :rocks
Please stay safe.

This one is gonna do some serious harm. I sincerely hope it doesn't veer to the north since there has been a prevailing wind current going from southwest to northeast but it looks like it's moving away right now...
Here in NOLA it's been VERY quiet.
Lots of people have evacuated.
I am sure we will get plenty of rain and sustained winds but thankfully we ar enot in the middle of its path.

This one is gonna do some serious harm. I sincerely hope it doesn't veer to the north since there has been a prevailing wind current going from southwest to northeast but it looks like it's moving away right now...
I am sure we will get plenty of rain and sustained winds but thankfully we ar enot in the middle of its path.

Be Safe buddy - keep us posted and will be hoping for the best for ya. 😇

Here's the NOAA satellite images at 22,000 miles up.

https://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/content/imagery-and-data
NOAAS-S.jpg

You can bring up a 2x - 24 hour time slide for the direction. Look at how it gains strength in the Gulf and how it's turning one direction and the clouds outside it's bands on the main land are moving North East in the opposite direction and start to slow as the Hurricane approaches. So possibly (I don't know) but it could turn slightly easterly once it hits land fall. Looks like a big one.

https://satellitemaps.nesdis.noaa.g...ndex.html?id=4da21c3c398946f293e0436fb926702c
NOAA TIME SLIDE.jpg

Live webcam from Lake Charles.:

http://api.wetmet.net/client-content/PlayerFrame.php?CAMERA=173-05-01&CFVER=WM&WIDTH=700&HEIGHT=394
Laura strikes after dark so I guess the real question is if the cam is still working in the morning.

Best of luck & blessings to those in the storms path.

Sadly, they're calling for CATASTROPHIC DEVASTATION in that area which was leveled by Hurricane Rita in 2005. And additionally, they're also dealing with Covid~19 outbreaks in the area as well.

Be safe and don’t take any risks with this. My family has evacuated from the Beaumont area thank goodness. Hopeful that they will have homes to return to.

A little too far east of the storm to be heavily impacted. Not even rain from the bands yet (maybe this afternoon).

Katrina's eye went directly overhead in my area fifteen years ago. People who were around remember, and take appropriate precautions. Hopefully Rita taught the TX / LA coast well, and people evacuated. "Not survivable" was the storm surge forecast, so hoping everyone in that area did. It will be devastated.

Hey guys, thanks for the thoughts...
We just got a bit of rain and a few gusts (thank goodness!!!)...wonder how the rest of the members are!!!
I was saying that living in hurricane alley is no fun!
The day of the storm I moved my system to another room so nothing is wired yet....and I a BIT bushed...my back is killing me!

Back