New version of Izotope RX, Version 8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I don't have it (yet), but I did get an email from iZotope with info about their latest version of RX, their advanced editing software. Like most modern programs, it now does stem extraction, the improvement to RX 7 is that you can batch the thing now, which is nice.

It also does a lot of other things. They do have a 30 day free trial for those who might want to give it a shot. If you've got 7 minutes to invest watching a video, this promo video from them is fairly impressive as it goes through some of the stuff you can do.

Check it out if you like. There are a lot of choices out there in the DAW software world right now. I can't imagine what people will be able to do with this stuff in 10 years!

I don't have it (yet), but I did get an email from iZotope with info about their latest version of RX, their advanced editing software. Like most modern programs, it now does stem extraction, the improvement to RX 7 is that you can batch the thing now, which is nice.

It also does a lot of other things. They do have a 30 day free trial for those who might want to give it a shot. If you've got 7 minutes to invest watching a video, this promo video from them is fairly impressive as it goes through some of the stuff you can do.

Check it out if you like. There are a lot of choices out there in the DAW software world right now. I can't imagine what people will be able to do with this stuff in 10 years!

I'm still waiting for another sale to fully jump in :unsure:

Just finished watching the video; looks good. What caught my attention was the Wow and Flutter correction tool, that could really come in handy for those here converting Q8 tapes.

Jon, maybe when you upgrade to Ver. 8 you could do a comparison between the stem extractor and the one in SpectraLayers 7.0?

Just finished watching the video; looks good. What caught my attention was the Wow and Flutter correction tool, that could really come in handy for those here converting Q8 tapes.

Jon, maybe when you upgrade to Ver. 8 you could do a comparison between the stem extractor and the one in SpectraLayers 7.0?

I noticed that Wow and Flutter aspect as well. Once I get this I will try it on a Q8 rip.

However, the upgrade costs are very steep (as are the purchase prices). This one is a bit over my threshold considering I just jumped on the SpectraLayers upgrade among other recent software purchases/upgrades.

I am sure that somewhere between now and Christmas iZotope will have a sale, but for now I'll be laying low.
Of course, if someone else wants to dive in and report back, that would be awesome!

Izotope Upgrades.jpg

Back