DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy Doc....come back from the ledge...it's a long way down to the ground...many to chose from

Thanks for the lead. hmmm....What will there be in Atmos mixes...yet another Kind of Blue? I do have Abbey Road... I might sit Atmos out until it has its own Surround Poll category...not in it for the movies. Sorry to drift off topic 😞

Not sure how they can justify that much unless DGM aren't giving them a discount :devilish: :LOL:

I ordered mine from Burning Shed at £145 so around $193 but you'd get it less the 20% VAT so $154. Its £8.82 just to send to me within the UK so about $12.
For US customers, it comes to £120.83 (after deduction of VAT), but then it's £34.96 shipping (the only option) for a total of £155.79 (which at today's conversion rate comes to $206.47).

FWIW, Bull Moose has it for $201.97 (with free shipping and no tax to me outside of their home state).

Picked up a copy of tour box 2020 today and spotted from the up coming Exposure box set.
There was a remixed version of that album that was released on CD in the late 1980s. I thought it was subdued compared to the original. Not a comment on CD fidelity or mastering either. The remixes and alternate versions just felt tame compared to the original. There's a remastered CD release from some years ago now that includes both. I wonder what he might find to fill a box here? That remix/alternate version collection felt like listening to unfinished work-in-progress versions or something.

This original album has one hell of an attitude!

There was a remixed version of that album that was released on CD in the late 1980s. I thought it was subdued compared to the original. Not a comment on CD fidelity or mastering either. The remixes and alternate versions just felt tame compared to the original. There's a remastered CD release from some years ago now that includes both. I wonder what he might find to fill a box here? That remix/alternate version collection felt like listening to unfinished work-in-progress versions or something.

This original album has one hell of an attitude!

It's insanely complicated, there are actually 3 versions of the album Exposure! 😆

The original 1979 mix.
The 1983 remix, released in 1985 under the name "definitive edition".
That so-called "definitive edition" was remastered in 2006 under the name "third edition" which swapped some mixes and other minor tweaks and edits.

Knowing Fripp it will include all these versions with possibly a fourth one, plus a surround remix.

Last edited:
Bullmoose has increased to $211.97🙁

Edit: ordered from DGM. I must have that Atmos mix.
Surprisingly, it looks like Burning Shed, even with high shipping cost to the US, is a smidge less than the best Bull Moose price I found earlier (around $201), once VAT is deducted.

[EDIT] I guess exact cost depends on the daily exchange rate. It's lower than the earlier Bull Moose price as of today, but was a little higher a couple of weeks ago. But in any case Burning Shed always packs their big sets really well (never had so much as a minor crease or ding), so if it's anywhere close to the best US price, it's still a decent option for US customers.

Last edited:
It's insanely complicated, there are actually 3 versions of the album Exposure! 😆

The original 1979 mix.
The 1983 remix, released in 1985 under the name "definitive edition".
That so-called "definitive edition" was remastered in 2006 under the name "third edition" which swapped some mixes and other minor tweaks and edits.

Knowing Fripp it will include all these versions with possibly a fourth one, plus a surround remix.

Did I miss something as is Robert Fripp solo album Exposure being released in a boxset and surround on it?

Back