Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone. I am going to move this whole shipping mess to its own thread.

OK?

Please stand by while I do it. It will be better for all in the future folks won't have to read about our shipping woes when researching this release

Nevermind - this entire thread is about ordering and shipping, so what's the point.

Rag on, Rock on, and let us know when you get your copy.

It's here! Listening to "Toulouse Street" right now as I start getting the poll thread set up!

:)

IMG_2502.jpeg

Have we got a poll set up yet?.
rtbluray is waiting until the shipping fiasco settles down, see his post above. And if anyone votes less than a 7, I vote we add them to the "Banned from QQ" list, kidding of course. I wonder if any ofthe boxsets have shipped to Canada yet, I could use a box of Doobies right now.

rtbluray is waiting until the shipping fiasco settles down, see his post above. And if anyone votes less than a 7, I vote we add them to the "Banned from QQ" list, kidding of course. I wonder if any ofthe boxsets have shipped to Canada yet, I could use a box of Doobies right now.
I might have to draw the line at an 8, and even then they'd be highly suspect 😏 - and no, I don't have mine yet, but I know... they're epic- period🎤
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1f3a4-drop-2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1f3a4-drop-3.jpg

1f3a4-drop.jpg

I've mailed both Rhino and UPS about this item not moving.No answer from Rhino,but their site says shipped.UPS came back to me but they have not received the item.I'm now trying to get a refund through PayPal.
Well at least yours is moving!!!! Happy for you....if anyone should give up and get a refund it's me, but I'm hanging in there😀

The only thing that jumped out at me as a bit odd is that "China Grove" is loaded with treble, at least compared to the 5.1 version on the DVD-A. Right from the intro guitar riff, it sounds weirdly different to me.

I attached two MP3 files below containing the first 27 seconds of "China Grove", front channels only, from both the new 4.0 Blu-Ray and the old 5.1 DVD-A. Does anyone else think that the opening riff has an entirely different sound on the quad mix? It's almost like it runs at a high pitch. Maybe I'm losing my mind...

Attachments

• China Grove Blu-Ray Fronts.mp3
    669.5 KB · Views: 193
  • China Grove DVD-A Fronts.mp3
    654 KB · Views: 186
Back