Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPS has to send it to USPS then USPS does final delivery..
For my order still says "Not Sent" still "Processing" and still waiting for a response from Rhino since the weekend.!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .....If anyone here has a connection to Rhino please let them see my posts or at least tell them about my issue ..... would be greatly appreciated:love::love:

I attached two MP3 files below containing the first 27 seconds of "China Grove", front channels only, from both the new 4.0 Blu-Ray and the old 5.1 DVD-A. Does anyone else think that the opening riff has an entirely different sound on the quad mix? It's almost like it runs at a high pitch. Maybe I'm losing my mind...

When I first heard China Grove on the ES 5.1, I was stunned as to how much better the intro sounded compared to the stereo version. So I wouldn't be surprised if the quad didn't equal or surpass that ES mix of that song. I'm still looking forward to getting it once it exits the black hole in Bridgeport, NJ.

Last edited:
There is a reason Amazon are kicking ass in online retail sales and DELIVERY.

It depends where it gets sent for distribution. I had a couple of items get trapped for almost two weeks in the black hole of Bridgeport, NJ. Amazon eventually said one of the packages was lost and gave me a refund. The other eventually showed up.

Well since Sept 5 the Doobies have remained in Fontana even though its described as being in transit.
I hear they just signed a six month apartment lease.
Time to write Rhino......

If a Rhino Quadio never leaves a shipping location is there a sound?

I would strike a blow for the underrepresented few of being one of a now endangered specie, specifically: The engaged, single activity focused, active Music listener. I don't think that's as much of a "thing" these days as it was when Quad was in its heyday. I'm a retired Professional Musician/Educator and I saw it in stark terms of the endlessly shrinking attention spans of students who'd been conditioned by video games, Internet Chat, and (most of all) cell phone texting. Some thoughts, concepts, and prose aren't collapsable to 140 characters and we're now several generations deep into folks that have been conditioned to think that it can be done when it can't. Music is poorer for it. OTOH, (there's an example, right there, lol)-you can't afford reissues if you don't get a paycheck. I'd listen and then head for the proverbial salt mine, but that's just me... : - )

Tracking shows it left Fontana on Sept 5 and was accepted at my local post office at 3:57 PM that day. Where the hell is it? That was Saturday — two business days ago!

And folk wonder why we hate USPS.
Useless monopoly.

For my order still says "Not Sent" still "Processing" and still waiting for a response from Rhino since the weekend.!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .....If anyone here has a connection to Rhino please let them see my posts or at least tell them about my issue ..... would be greatly appreciated:love::love:

You and I may be in the same boat. I heard from them and posted their espionage in Post #712
Hope your luck is better than mine ((

On Captain & Me, there is a short track listed as "Busted Down Around O'Connelly Corners" that is not listed on the album sleeve. Is this a bonus track for the surround release, or is it just intro music for the track that follows? I'm not familiar with the original album. It appears to also be on the 5.1 DVD-Audio. Just curious.

UPS contracts with USPS to save money. USPS is happy to be getting the business. It’s actually a good thing that you can continue to track the package using the same system.
It would be be good if it ever moved!
USPS Currently Awaiting Package
A status update is not yet available for your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.

Back