2020 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t actually order one and at the moment am pretty glad about that. Hopefully you will get either the disc or at least a response soon.

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - The Gordian Knot on pre order, due out Aug 28 2020
Blu-ray Disc which has 5.1 DTS-HD mixes, 7.1.4 Auro-3D mixes, and Dolby Atmos mixes of this fantastic record.
This BD has a mix to please us all!
Can't wait to get it.

https://shop.bandwear.com/collections/gordon-goodwin-shop/products/gor030
Just an FYI, I hadn't heard or seen anything of my pre-order yet so I dropped a note to Bandware asking about it, I got a nice reply today from a lady there today, This was her note,

Sep 9, 2020, 16:46 GMT-5
Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out. There has been a delay in Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - The Gordian Knot Blu-Rays. The Blu-Rays have reached our Warehouse and will ship from the end of this week to the beginning of next week.

We appreciate your continued patience.

Best,
-Bandwear Support Team

Pretty amateur from bandwear.com no longer sold out, again available to pre-order for 28 Aug release, they could at least update the web page!

I got an email from Immersive about a new release "Provenance" (5.1 surround FLAC) by Paul Parker
1599860066394.png

I've too much music in the to listen to pile at the moment to contemplate trying it out, so it'll have to wait.

Just an FYI, I hadn't heard or seen anything of my pre-order yet so I dropped a note to Bandware asking about it, I got a nice reply today from a lady there today, This was her note,

Sep 9, 2020, 16:46 GMT-5
Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out. There has been a delay in Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - The Gordian Knot Blu-Rays. The Blu-Rays have reached our Warehouse and will ship from the end of this week to the beginning of next week.

We appreciate your continued patience.

Best,
-Bandwear Support Team
Cheers for this info, was about to enquire about the delay.

Once again, I'll just stash this here for further purposes – it's just a small, alphabetical excerpt from the Looking forward to 2020 thread.
Long live 2020 in surround!
The Beatles
Let It Be (TBA)
BeyoncéBlack Is King (TBC)
Cask Surviving on Borrowed Time (DSD) spring already available in 2.0
The D/A MethodThe Desert Road (TBA)
Def LeppardLondon to Vegas (4CD+2BD-V [dts-HDMA]/4CD+2DVD-V [dts]) 4/24
Def LeppardHysteria at the O2 (2CD+BD-V/2CD+DVD-V [dts]) 4/24
Depeche Mode – Spirits in the Forest (2CD+2BD-V) 6/26 NO Spirit 5.1 mix (confirmed)
The Eagles Live at the Forum MMXVIII (2CD+BD-V) 10/16
Fantastic Negrito Have You Lost Your Mind Yet? [Atmos] 8/14
FluanceLunacy (TBA) Autumn already available in 2.0
Flying Colors – Third Stage - Live in London (BD-V / CD+2DVD-V+BD-V) 9/25
Gentle GiantFree Hand (TBA [Atmos]) 2021
Gentle GiantInterview (TBA) 2021
Gentle GiantThe Missing Piece (TBA) 2021
Jimi Hendrix ExperienceLive in Maui (2CD+BD-V) 11/20
MetallicaS&M2 (DVD-V/BD-V [dts-HD]) 8/28
Pink Floyd – Animals (SACD)
Rob Reednew solo album (TBA) TBA
Steve Rothery Revontulet (CD+DVD) fall
SantanaAbraxas (SACD) 9/23
Septicflesh – Infernus Sinfonica MMXIX (2CD+DVD-V / 2CD+BD-V) 7/31 (front-heavy mix AF)
Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble – The Red Planet (CD+DVD)
6/26 5.1 mix cancelled/postponed

P.S.: BTW, here's what we were looking forward to for 2019

Was just made aware of 2 new releases from Collide, courtesy of Tool's website:

https://www.collide.net/store

Gordon Goodwin's big phat band gordon knot on the list? I might have mine Monday or Tuesday it is in atmos and DTS-HD among other surround it is in.

Gordon Goodwin's big phat band gordon knot on the list?
Yes

Cheers for this info, was about to enquire about the delay.
Mine is on the way, USPS latest posting shows,
"Your item departed our USPS facility in IRVING, TX 75059 on September 12, 2020 at 9:29 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Last edited:
Where can I order with confidence that ships to USA?
I'd wait until the title, just like its predecessor, appears on CDJapan or Amazon JPN; US and EU vendors usually follow shortly after.

Other than that, please use post #1 of this thread to find links to threads for individual releases - I keep the list updated all the time.

Of course, I do appreciate the discussion here in this thread, as it keeps it alive and promoted, thank you all!

Back