Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel lucky! Ordered a while back and found it in my mailbox last night! Today will be full listening bliss! I have been playing Captain and Me q8 and looking forward to hearing the music without the sound of the akai rolling that tape. Great fun ahead. I will keep fingers crossed that everyone else will soon receive theirs. I ordered at Rhino site, btw. Happy listening to all!

Yesterday, Sept 10, a response from the Doobie Brothers site:
Hello,
Thanks for contacting our fan support team. We are still waiting for the Quadio sets to arrive at our distribution center. We have encountered an unexpected delay due to COVID-19 but hope to have them by the end of the week so we can start shipping early next week. We sincerely apologize for the delay.
You should receive a separate email when your item ships.
Sincerely,
Wonderful Union

Yesterday, Sept 10, a response from the Doobie Brothers site:
Hello,
Thanks for contacting our fan support team. We are still waiting for the Quadio sets to arrive at our distribution center. We have encountered an unexpected delay due to COVID-19 but hope to have them by the end of the week so we can start shipping early next week. We sincerely apologize for the delay.
You should receive a separate email when your item ships.
Sincerely,
Wonderful Union
If anybody screws up, they play the <Covid> card. It’s funny how Amazon seems immune to the scamdemic

Am I lucky? This set arrived yesterday(I live in N. Georgia). As I mentioned, I don't have a quad setup as of now, but I'm happy this came now.
I’m in NC and it arrived yesterday. I ordered from Rhino but the return label was “The Doobie Brothers.” Anyone else experience this situation? Just seems odd to me. Happy quad listening, all!

OH......MY.....DOG!!!! That was without a doubt the best 4 album ride I have ever had the pleasure of entering my earholes in 4 channels...ever...bar none! Damn near perfect!! (doesn't hurt that I love the music) I can not overstate the point that the bass on these albums could not be better (every aspect is great but man that bass!), all bass players should be represented this way (if only Geddy was represented this well...wow).
Stampede brings back a great concert memory, when I lived in the Chicago burbs I won tickets from station WLUP The Loop to see the Doobies on the Living on the Fault Line tour (I was not a big fan of the Michael McDonald version preferring the rockier version) but it was free and damn it was great! Still remember how during "I Cheat the Hangman" the lights went out they had a big mirror ball that was spinning through the song and then when it got to the part that starts speeding up to the crescendo the ball slows down and starts spinning in reverse and speeding up until the end, it was so cool for such a simple effect...very trippy.
Started appreciating the new Doobies after that show bring on the Fault Line in surround!

Last edited:
Ha ha, nothing but 14 Tens on the Poll already, I’m predicting it’ll be the highest rated title in all our Polls, it’s that great!
Got mine in yesterday, and got into Toulouse Street right quick- astounding, this is how Quad was meant to sound :D
Even Mrs. Pupster was diggin’ it cranked up, now that was the real torture test for this :QQlove

Ha! I had totally forgotten that my Sony UBP X800 does NOT play 4.0 mixes! I stopped the Blu-ray, put it in the OPPO, and W O W! ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING I had hoped for and dreamed about! Can't WAIT to get home from my practicum and get lost in the sonic bliss!
My Sony X800 plays the 4.0 just fine. Maybe a setting or receiver issue?

My Sony X800 plays the 4.0 just fine. Maybe a setting or receiver issue?
Well, ima have to check that out tonight! My AVR is another Sony--STRDN 1080 AV. I wonder what's going on if yours plays them . . . my Chicago Quadio and Eric Clapton 4.0 Blu-rays come through as 2.0 as well. Yet another research project for me to tackle! Thanks for the info--I'm excited to know it can work!
EDIT: I'm having the same problem as @edisonbaggins notes in
THIS post

Last edited:
Well, now that you've heard the greatest quad track of them all, Black Water, whaddya think?
YOWZA! All I was really hearing was the fronts (as I noted in my previous post--I was only hearing the fronts . . . and i guess some Neural X pseudo action), and the a cappella section was so abysmal that i slammed my classwork shut and got up to get to the bottom once and for all! When i put the disc in my OPPO, it was sonic nirvana! All the waiting for these discs--well worth it! All of the hype about these mixes--not mythologized! This is the real deal for me--a holy grail have no fail high speed monorail journey to the center of my mind is mos' def' BLOWN! And i am not alone: as @J. PUPSTER notes above, this one is top of the pops with a high ho silver bullet!

Back