Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Challenge Records, a wonderful Jazz outing with the incomparable Chris Potter on tenor SAX [Challenge Records/Stereo SACD]

See the source image

According to Discogs they have the same mastering:
UIGY-9613
2010 DSD Mastering
Single Layer SHM SACD
2014 Reissue
UIGY-9052
2010 DSD Mastering
Single Layer SHM SACD

UIGY-9613 dropped to $38.83CDN on Amazon Canada so I grabbed it.
This will be my 7th copy of this album, am I crazy or what? Lol

Are the Yes SACDs demonstrably better than the remastered CDs? I have been thinking about getting the Yes SACD box. Thanks.
No the YES SACD Box set is Shrill....AVOID at all costs....but the YESSONGS version that I have posted from 2017 is the best sounding version I've ever heard....ask around....you'll get the same answer....hope this helps

No the YES SACD Box set is Shrill....AVOID at all costs....but the YESSONGS version that I have posted from 2017 is the best sounding version I've ever heard....ask around....you'll get the same answer....hope this helps
Completely agree. YESSONGS was very poorly recorded to start with, but that SACD version is the best I've heard. I don't mind the low DR on it as it's a live concert, is less muddy than other versions, and I always play it very loud (where the power of the band outshines other considerations). But the low DR values for the "High Vibration" set are unforgivable, given 13 of the discs are studio albums. Just look at the DR database values:
Album list - Dynamic Range Database

Wilson's remixes of five of their albums on Blu-ray are my "go to" versions, as well as the AF SACD of "Going For The One".

Last edited:
Back