3D TV Is Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought they ceased releasing flicks in 3D? Despite mediocre reviews, my LG 3D TV is HUNGRY for MORE content so I ordered this puppy from AmazonUK at a very fair price and SO GLAD I DID.

OVER the TOP non stop action, OUTRAGEOUS car/motorcycle sequences and our heroes, the Rock and Jason are in TOP form. And in 3D, so much more enjoyable than 2D. The image is astounding .... better than a lot of 4K releases. And the sound design: SUPERB!

71RuUw5CwgL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Thought they ceased releasing flicks in 3D? Despite mediocre reviews, my LG 3D TV is HUNGRY for MORE content so I ordered this puppy from AmazonUK at a very fair price and SO GLAD I DID.

OVER the TOP non stop action, OUTRAGEOUS car/motorcycle sequences and our heroes, the Rock and Jason are in TOP form. And in 3D, so much more enjoyable than 2D. The image is astounding .... better than a lot of 4K releases. And the sound design: SUPERB!

71RuUw5CwgL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
I watched this in 4k with my cuter half. She liked it more than I did, but it was definitely fun. Pretty much a live action cartoon.

I watched this in 4k with my cuter half. She liked it more than I did, but it was definitely fun. Pretty much a live action cartoon.

I will say the 3D was very tastefully done and reconnecting the ROCK with his Samoan roots was hilarious coupled with the utilization of primitive weapons. Definitely cartoonish but ultimately satisfying for the 'little' boy in all of us!

Who the HELL wants to grow OLD, ubertrout???????

See the source image

Last edited:
I will say the 3D was very tastefully done and reconnecting the ROCK with his Samoan roots was hilarious coupled with the utilization of primitive weapons. Definitely cartoonish but ultimately satisfying for the 'little' boy in all of us!

Who the HELL wants to grow OLD, ubertrout???????
Fair! My girlfriend is 28 anyway, so she's still in actual youth.

Check out IQH3D.com for glasses free 65" 4K HDTV Monitor $3,500. It even converts all 2D to 3D. I haven't seen it yet but I am saving up for one.

Funny how 3D is trumpeted as the next big thing that will revolutionise the world of entertainment every ten years or so and always vanishes without trace. I guess every new generation of marketing geniuses thinks they can give that poor equine corpse another damn good thrashing and miraculously produce a different outcome!

Whether a 'live action' [actually CGI] remake of Disney's THE LION KING was necessary, I will say watching it in 3D was a stunning experience. The CGI graphics were beyond dazzling, the cinematography by Caleb Deschanel superb and the Elton John/Tim Rice score with addditional music by Hans Zimmer, enchanting. And currently priced on par with a RBCD!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lion-King-3D-Blu-ray/248271/#Review
91XvAuAiL7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
You know there is 3D then there is 3D.... I got a hold of the last star wars movie Rise because the 3D was described as superlative. I found myself disapointed in that version wheras there are some films where the depth of field is stunning regardless of whether there are any pop out moments.
Some of the old 50s fims have great 3D but you are also looking at film grain and images that are just not as sharp as modern films.
I bought a copy of Taza Son of Cochise a 50s film. It is lame my son regarded it a punishment to watch but the 3D was done well...except for a constant tree branch always appearing in the foreground to emphasis the depth.

For modern 3D films I dont think you can beat the ones from Marvel.

The REAL RUB: QQ Posters are willing to spend HUNDREDS on sub par MUSIC ONLY Surround Remixes and then Bitch, Moan and Complain via 'seemingly' endless posts and just about ALL the 3D movies I've listed not only boast superlative Video on par with even much more pricey 4K counterparts and state of the art DTS MA HD 5.1 and Dolby Atmos sonics [none of that LOSSY DD/ DTS BS] and cost LESS THAN THE PRICE of a freakin' RBCD. And then YOU say, MOVIES have NO replay value but then again, so don't a LOT of sub par music only Surround discs. So THERE!

Misplaced PRIORITIES?

See the source image

Last edited:
Back