An exciting new Rob Reed solo album (Cursus 123 430) with a 5.1 mix is on it's way...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Those of you who follow Rob on Facebook may already know that he's getting close to completing a new solo album, and that he's doing a 5.1 mix for it. :LB

I've been play testing the 5.1 this week and can tell you that, as well as being another superb quality surround mix - exactly what you have come to expect from Rob - it's also quite different from his previous three "Sanctuary" albums.

I should explain; it's the same quality song writing, musicianship, recording and mixing, but quite a different direction for the style, and I know for certain that a lot of people on QQ are going to really love it. I am having trouble getting it out of my head right now!

I'll provide more info when I get it (and when I get clearance from Rob), but thought you would like to know. :)

Those of you who follow Rob on Facebook may already know that he's getting close to completing a new solo album, and that he's doing a 5.1 mix for it. :LB

I've been play testing the 5.1 this week and can tell you that, as well as being another superb quality surround mix - exactly what you have come to expect from Rob - it's also quite different from his previous three "Sanctuary" albums.

I should explain; it's the same quality song writing, musicianship, recording and mixing, but quite a different direction for the style, and I know for certain that a lot of people on QQ are going to really love it. I am having trouble getting it out of my head right now!

I'll provide more info when I get it (and when I get clearance from Rob), but thought you would like to know. :)

Yes! I do like to know.....cannot wait to buy it. Sounds intriguing.

Does Rob have any interest in ATMOS? I love his work.

I received the final "release candidate" of the mix last night, and signed it off this morning after a couple of playthroughs on both of my systems.

I've had a little bit more input than I usually do with one of Rob's mixes this time - he's so good that I'm normally just doing a precautionary check. The difference with this one (and sorry, I know I'm being deliberately vague here) is that the source instrumentation, Rob's writing and the album's subject really demanded that we got as much impact as possible out of the surround mix, so we spent a bit more time than normal exploring how far we could push certain elements of the mix for maximum impact.

IMHO it's really worked and I can't wait for it to get out there. :)

(via Rob Reed - Official FB account)
1600038473224.png

Neil, when you say different in style do you mean as the music goes because I only know two sides of Robert, The Mike Oldfield one and the Yes one!:unsure:

Neil, when you say different in style do you mean as the music goes because I only know two sides of Robert, The Mike Oldfield one and the Yes one!:unsure:
I can't say too much about it (which is killing me!) but yes - it's a style I've not heard him use before at least not for an entire album. The instrumentation he's used gives it a different sound too. I'm pretty certain it's going to go down really well on here. :)

I can't say too much about it (which is killing me!) but yes - it's a style I've not heard him use before at least not for an entire album. The instrumentation he's used gives it a different sound too. I'm pretty certain it's going to go down really well on here. :)
So, it’s not Sanctuary IV !?

So, it’s not Sanctuary IV !?
No. I think he started writing/recording with a Sanctuary IV in mind, but it developed a life and identity all of it's own, so it's not being released as part of the Sanctuary series; it's a "stand alone" album and will be named accordingly.

This will make more sense as details about it emerge from Rob as he gears up for the release in November.

Back