Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first post in this thread says it will go out to the usual outlets on November 6, if you can stay patient.
Nobody here got this as soon as they expected to, unless they waited to order until last week. :phones
All the posts I've read and missed the very first one. Thanks for replying, I think I'll patiently wait until November

Is there a dedicated thread (or threads) concerning the overwhelming NEED for a Steely Dan "Quadio" set? I know it's UMG and not Sony. To each their own, but THAT would be THE quad catalog that I would think is next in line for being LONG overdue for some post-modern-technology-multichannel-love. If not, I'll start one. Still haven't seen movement on my Doobular Quadio set yet, btw...

The quad mixes and multi-tracks for those early Steely Dan albums were almost certainly lost in the Universal fire.

The quad mixes and multi-tracks for those early Steely Dan albums were almost certainly lost in the Universal fire.

No they weren’t.

A. The masters lost in the Universal fire were mostly stereo, not multitracks. Those had been stored in an offsite facility.

B. The quad masters were done by ABC and may have already been destroyed when that company’s president ordered most multitracks destroyed to save storage costs. Most ABC multi’s did not survive the early 70’s.

Is there a dedicated thread (or threads) concerning the overwhelming NEED for a Steely Dan "Quadio" set? I know it's UMG and not Sony. To each their own, but THAT would be THE quad catalog that I would think is next in line for being LONG overdue for some post-modern-technology-multichannel-love. If not, I'll start one. Still haven't seen movement on my Doobular Quadio set yet, btw...
Even if you set aside that the quad masters may not exist AND you would still get over the normal hurdles involved with getting all of the required approvals and signoffs, be aware that AFAIK Fagen and the Becker estate still haven‘t settled their legal disagreements.

Amen one hundred times over! My favorite band of all time and that would be heaven!

Amen one hundred times over! My favorite band of all time and that would be heaven!
I second that emotion! And we all know that Donald Fagen is an early and ardent supporter of the surround format, so I would think he would be all for it. What I don't know is if the dispute between Fagen and the Becker estate would bring any progress on this to a halt. Hmmm, maybe they could bring in Roger Waters as a mediator! ;)

What a pleasant and unexpected surprise today. Absolutely no movement with the tracking.....it just showed up )))

Attachments

• 57DA1C87-5C35-466D-94FF-C2EEABDC0260.jpeg
    57DA1C87-5C35-466D-94FF-C2EEABDC0260.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 74
Mine is now at the local USPS facility (UPS dumped it to a 3rd party handler, they transported cross-country, and then dumped it to USPS). According to the USPS guys, it should get scanned in today and I can either 1) pick it up after 3:00PM, or 2) should be delivered tomorrow. I'm thinking "go pick it up"! Fingers crossed...

What a pleasant and unexpected surprise today. Absolutely no movement with the tracking.....it just showed up )))
If you don't mind me asking, did you order through Rhino? I ordered through the Doobie Bros website and I have not received any updates recently.

If you don't mind me asking, did you order through Rhino? I ordered through the Doobie Bros website and I have not received any updates recently.

Here's the email I got back from them this afternoon.

"Thanks for contacting our fan support team. We sincerely apologize in the delay of shipping your items. We ran in to an unexpected delay in receiving this item from the vendor due to COVID-19. We had hoped to receive this item by last week so we can start shipping but are still waiting for arrival at this time."

Isn't "the vendor" Rhino? Makes no sense.

Here's the email I got back from them this afternoon.

"Thanks for contacting our fan support team. We sincerely apologize in the delay of shipping your items. We ran in to an unexpected delay in receiving this item from the vendor due to COVID-19. We had hoped to receive this item by last week so we can start shipping but are still waiting for arrival at this time."

Isn't "the vendor" Rhino? Makes no sense.
I also got an email from the Doobie's fan site today after inquiring on "where's my order" that was placed last week (status still says "Processing") .

They wrote "We received word from the vendor that the Quadio Boxed sets should be arriving to our distribution center this week. As soon we receive them we will start shipping! You should receive a separate email when your item ships."

Back