"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music from Russia...what are the chances they are bootlegs...if they came from Ebay...I'd say about a 99% chance..

That's why I switched to TITO vodka! Handmade in Austin, TX ..... Hee Haw!

See the source image

Thanks ! I used to live in the USA for over 30 years and I know firsthand what great deals the US vendors offer.

Since moving to Crete Greece(I'm not complaining I live on a beautiful island) I have been limited to internet purchases from Europe.

As an example of the price differences, the upcoming stand alone Blu ray of Pink Floyd DSOT costs:

The Moose ..$28 ..roughly 23.70 Euros
Amazon UK 42.99 roughly $54

So we get stiffed yet again...
The £42.99 is for the box set the stand alone Blu-ray is £21.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delicate-S...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7V4ABPCSNM9A8MY9RTX4

Got mine from CD Japan a few days back. Excuse my ramblings.

This is another high quality Quadraphonic release in this series and another review that finds me fumbling for the words to express my appreciation for it. The sound is clear and non-compressed to my ears, with good EQ and an agreeably adventurous surround mix plus a few more neat audio tricks thrown in without going over the top. Plenty of rear-speaker activity. The harmonies on "Evil Ways" are split among the speakers in a nice way. Percussion sometimes starts in the rear and circles the room. Tasteful panning on some guitar breaks. Fans of this album may be very happy. I'm enjoying it a lot. I really wish I had some weed. ☮️

I can't compare it to the original vinyl Quadraphonic release but just really like this very much. The 7" packaging and extras are high quality but it makes it easier for me to just use a second inner sleeve to store the disc for easier access.

For anyone (like me) who ordered "Santana I" from cdJapan and selected Japan Post Airmail at the time (thinking the postage restrictions to Oz, or the US, would be lifted by now), I got this email from them today:

"Hi,
This is regarding your CDJapan Order.
Your order number XXXXXXX

We'd like to inform that due to the recent COVID-19 issues,
Japan post suspended shipping by postal services and will take a very long time to recover.

As an alternative proposal, we'd like you to know that if you change your shipping method to DHL or FedEx, your order will ship out as soon as all items come in stock.

We will charge if any additional shipping fees occur, however note that for some people DHL/FedEx could turn out to be lower than sending by Japan post.

If you wish to change your shipping method, please follow the steps below.

---------------------------------------------------
How to Request for Shipping Method Change
---------------------------------------------------
1. Sign into customer account and select order number from order history.
2. Scroll down to "Shipping Method" and click "Shipping Method Change Request".
3. Tick the shipping method you wish to change to, and click "Send Request".
4. Your request is sent. Please wait until we reflect the changes to your order.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences this has caused."

Ah well, DHL is an extra AUS$17, so I will suck it up.

Amazon US is still showing Oct 2 for this release. I’m hoping that ImportCDs is the same date and they don’t dilly dally. My concern is that this kind of mail gets put on the back burner because the USPS is buried with absentee ballots. (Oh, I’m such a patriot...more concerned about getting quad discs than a presidential election. :p)

Amazon US is still showing Oct 2 for this release. I’m hoping that ImportCDs is the same date and they don’t dilly dally. My concern is that this kind of mail gets put on the back burner because the USPS is buried with absentee ballots. (Oh, I’m such a patriot...more concerned about getting quad discs than a presidential election. :p)
It shouldn't I ship all the time using PRIORITY and EVERYTHING gets there a day early at the latest ON TIME :) :love: 🤞

Back