HiRez Poll Porcupine Tree - IN ABSENTIA [DVD-A/BDA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Porcupine Tree - IN ABSENTIA

• Total voters
Does anyone know about this title

Porcupine Tree – ANESTHETIZE LIVE IN TILBURG-OCT 2008-dvd+blu-ray+2cd

Want to know how rare it is and the quality of it.

Thanks so much in advance :D

I have the special edition of this; It was the first time he filmed a concert in HD (Wow, times have changed). The main reason I bought it was that I had actually attended both concerts. The Blu-Ray and CDs are actually a mash-up of the best parts of each night, kind of weird. For example, on the first night, right at the beginning of Fear of a Blank Planet, Steven kicked over his microphone stand... suffice to say, the version from the second night was the one on the recording 😂. But overall, the quality is pretty great, as are almost all his live recordings (I'm looking at you, Octane Twisted 😤).

Out of curiosity, are you referring to the rarity of the special grey and red fabric "book" editions? Because those are pretty rare, and probably not available new. The Blu-Ray by itself looks pretty cheap on eBay, around $25.

I have the special edition of this; It was the first time he filmed a concert in HD (Wow, times have changed). The main reason I bought it was that I had actually attended both concerts. The Blu-Ray and CDs are actually a mash-up of the best parts of each night, kind of weird. For example, on the first night, right at the beginning of Fear of a Blank Planet, Steven kicked over his microphone stand... suffice to say, the version from the second night was the one on the recording 😂. But overall, the quality is pretty great, as are almost all his live recordings (I'm looking at you, Octane Twisted 😤).

Out of curiosity, are you referring to the rarity of the special grey and red fabric "book" editions? Because those are pretty rare, and probably not available new. The Blu-Ray by itself looks pretty cheap on eBay, around $25.
Thanks for this!!!! :bowing: Yes I am refering to that edition. There is someone selling a sealed copy on eBay asking around $675 with shipping included or best offer. but I think thats crazy, unless the whole band had signed it, then maybe.....I offered $350 they laughed at me.....Oh well.

I've been trying to find the Blu Ray normal edition but they are all used and want way too much for a sealed or used one. Way more than $25

Last edited:
Thanks for this!!!! :bowing: Yes I am refering to that edition. There is someone selling a sealed copy on eBay asking around $675 with shipping included or best offer. but I think thats crazy, unless the whole band had signed it, then maybe.....I offered $350 they laughed at me.....Oh well.

I've been trying to find the Blu Ray normal edition but they are all used and want way too much for a sealed or used one. Way more than $25

Hmm what about this? If you're in the US: OUT OF PRINT NEW - Still Sealed DVD - PORCUPINE TREE - Anesthetize - 2010 Reg 0 | eBay

Yes, I remember that I tried to buy the red version and it sold out within minutes of release, literally. The grey one was also limited to a few thousand copies which sold out pretty fast.

EDIT: Never mind, realised that was for a DVD version.

https://www.amazon.com/Absentia-Dis...ords=steven+wilson+5.1&qid=1601231978&sr=8-28
Just in case anyone else wants to jump in on this. For me, the deluxe set has been demoted to $18.12. I don't know if the correct blu-ray is there, but at that price, I don't really care.
Bought it!!!! For that price it's a Slam Dunk, Grand Slam, Hat Trick or a Hole In 1.....which ever you choose!! Thanks for that!!! :cool: Yawzeer.....guess I got the last 1 @ that price....back up to $87

Just got mine in the mail today and it has both the faulty and replacement blu-ray's! If anyone else is looking to get it from amazon, you should probably be good. Sorry for the brief interruption in the poll thread for this. Next post from me will be the review!
Did you get in on the $18 deal?

Just got mine in the mail today and it has both the faulty and replacement blu-ray's! If anyone else is looking to get it from amazon, you should probably be good. Sorry for the brief interruption in the poll thread for this. Next post from me will be the review!

Same here. I almost threw out the box not realizing the replacement disc was still in there! Again, you're the man for posting that link.

Same here. I almost threw out the box not realizing the replacement disc was still in there! Again, you're the man for posting that link.
Ha! Same with me. Pulled it out and checked inside, it was the original blu-ray. Popped it in my player and was kinda bummed on how it sounded but for that price, oh well. Began breaking the box down and it fell out. Popped that one in and I feel a lot better now. Yes, it needs a little extra LFE juice but that's doable on my sub.

Knowing SW, he won’t let his supporters down, and will release a stand-alone Blu-ray eventually 😘
More likely to be a CD/Blu-ray combo, as he's done with many other albums (Arriving Somewhere..., Grace For Drowning, The Raven That Refused To Sing, and Hand. Cannot. Erase.)

Back