PETITION WARNER/RHINO for MORE 192/24 BD~A Titles from their QUAD catalogue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Based on the overwhelming response to Warner/Rhino's brilliant Chicago and Doobie Brothers QUADIO BD~A boxsets coupled with increasingly high profile SURROUND releases from The Beatles, The Stones and other high profile artists and Dutton Vocalions foray into QUAD SACD titles from the SONY/RCA/UMG catalogues, SURROUND SOUND is HERE TO STAY.

After almost 50 years fermenting in musty vaults, those 1970 QUAD titles have a new life and new audiences with heretofore unheard SUPERIOR Digital Remastering from those 15/30 ips analogue masters in sonics never before heard with the exception of those 70's remix engineers who were privy to their inception.

Warners has a deep catalogue of exceptional QUAD masters, some probably NEVER released in ANY FORMAT and based on their stellar track record with only a handful of QUAD releases, we, at QQ Forum feel the time has come to LIBERATE THEM FROM THEIR NASCENT MOORINGS.

Hopefully, it won't preclude initiation into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame for prior W/E/A artists with QUAD masters to earn a freshly minted 192/24 BD~A release as there is certainly a renewed market for discrete SURROUND titles and even if you do continue to release the occasional box set, IMO, even sprinkling them with the occasional hi res Stereo Remaster would be most welcomed instead of just releasing them in the RBCD 16/44.1 format.

Respectfully Submitted,

A 10K strong QQ Forum membership...and counting

https://store.rhino.com/contacts

See the source image

Last edited:
Voting with our pocketbooks is the only thing that really works nowadays.
Buying the Chicago and Doobie Brothers Quadio box sets (and the Doors singles collection with the Best of Quadraphonic Blu-Ray) is the best way to show Rhino that if they put forth the effort in putting out these products, we will purchase them.

Buying the Chicago and Doobie Brothers Quadio box sets (and the Doors singles collection with the Best of Quadraphonic Blu-Ray) is the best way to show Rhino that if they put forth the effort in putting out these products, we will purchase them.

But a little nudging wouldn't hurt either, Ryan. Gentle, that is!

We have an insider so to speak on our side. Foraging Rhino Steve would be thrilled to release more stuff. It's all a matter of the same old crap. Artist, license, publishing, label, return on investment, etc etc. I can't speak for him but it certainly does not hurt when we support a project like the Doobies and Chicago boxes.

However, don't expect a rousing response. If there is to be another Quadio release, I would bet it appears using the D-V approach. No early warning, as all that tends to do is get everyone riled up to a frenzy and then when there is a delay it causes mayhem. Just think about all of the howling about shipping the Doobies caused. There's a freaking pandemic, the USPS is in shambles, and folks here wanted to scream because their discs were stuck in a post office somewhere.

We have an insider so to speak on our side. Foraging Rhino Steve would be thrilled to release more stuff. It's all a matter of the same old crap. Artist, license, publishing, label, return on investment, etc etc. I can't speak for him but it certainly does not hurt when we support a project like the Doobies and Chicago boxes.

However, don't expect a rousing response. If there is to be another Quadio release, I would bet it appears using the D-V approach. No early warning, as all that tends to do is get everyone riled up to a frenzy and then when there is a delay it causes mayhem. Just think about all of the howling about shipping the Doobies caused. There's a freaking pandemic, the USPS is in shambles, and folks here wanted to scream because their discs were stuck in a post office somewhere.

But seriously, Jon, what would QQ Forum be without constant BITCHING, MOANING and/or COMPLAINING? It's in our DNA!

But an occasional email/letter thanking them for these sets and asking for more dosen't hurt...i wrote them long ago asking what else they were gonna release...and eventually we got Doobie brothers Quadio. :)

They did orginally email reply w No not planning anything...i was Sooo sad but hey 2 yrs later here it is!

I thought that was SHF...
If we are talking WB and their whole catalogue could you even imagine......forget just rereleasing old QUAD mixes, how about getting experienced engineers in multi-channel who are at the TOP of their craft to mix bands like Zep, Stones and Genesis....and that's just 4 starters. (Pun Intended)😀

If we are talking WB and their whole catalogue could you even imagine......forget just rereleasing old QUAD mixes, how about getting experienced engineers in multi-channel who are at the TOP of their craft to mix bands like Zep, Stones and Genesis....and that's just 4 starters. (Pun Intended)😀

Wishful thinking, MM but positive thinking as well. If we can just get those 70's already remixed for QUADS released ...... I'd be a happy camper. LED ZEP is on everyone's wish list but is contingent on Page's and Plant's involvement and you know how that goes? Page seems content on STEREO remaster after remaster with no Surround remix in sight. And they ain't getting any younger.

Wishful thinking, MM but positive thinking as well. If we can just get those 70's already remixed for QUADS released ...... I'd be a happy camper. LED ZEP is on everyone's wish list but is contingent on Page's and Plant's involvement and you know how that goes? Page seems content on STEREO remaster after remaster with no Surround remix in sight. And they ain't getting any younger.
True that, but HTWWW & TSRTS were eventually done that way as well as their 2 DVD live history set. Once Pagey goes bye bye.....then I think the FLOOD gates will open, When The Levee Breaks

Yes....the live remixes IMHO even though I'm a Zep Head...aren't much to write home about but they are better than NOTHING AT ALL😀

Even if you drop Zep from the list, there are countless of other groups/artists😛 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I just sent a 'lovely' email to the folks at Rhino congratulating them on their magnificent DOOBIE BROTHERS' QUADIO boxset and nicely asked if they would consider releasing MORE of their 1970 QUAD masters on future BD~A 192/24 discs reminding them that those 70's analogue tapes won't last forever.

And NO, BILLION$BABY, I didn't ask them to liberate them from their NASCENT MOORINGS. I just REFRAZIERED it....in layman terms!

Yep. Getting new stuff mixed is a whole nother kettle o’ fish. No doubt. I got my Prince “Sign o the Times” boxed set today, which is magnificent and will keep me entertained for hours. But they can release it in a 13-LP version, but not give a new surround mix?

If the artist/estate etc isnt interested it isn’t likely to happen it seems.

Based on the overwhelming response to Warner/Rhino's brilliant Chicago and Doobie Brothers QUADIO BD~A boxsets coupled with increasingly high profile SURROUND releases from The Beatles, The Stones and other high profile artists and Dutton Vocalions foray into QUAD SACD titles from the SONY/RCA/UMG catalogues, SURROUND SOUND is HERE TO STAY.

After almost 50 years fermenting in musty vaults, those 1970 QUAD titles have a new life and new audiences with heretofore unheard SUPERIOR Digital Remastering from those 15/30 ips analogue masters in sonics never before heard with the exception of those 70's remix engineers who were privy to their inception.

Warners has a deep catalogue of exceptional QUAD masters, some probably NEVER released in ANY FORMAT and based on their stellar track record with only a handful of QUAD releases, we, at QQ Forum feel the time has come to LIBERATE THEM FROM THEIR NASCENT MOORINGS.

Hopefully, it won't preclude initiation into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame for prior W/E/A artists with QUAD masters to earn a freshly minted 192/24 BD~A release as there is certainly a renewed market for discrete SURROUND titles and even if you do continue to release the occasional box set, IMO, even sprinkling them with the occasional hi res Stereo Remaster would be most welcomed instead of just releasing them in the RBCD 16/44.1 format.

Respectfully Submitted,

A 10K strong QQ Forum membership...and counting

https://store.rhino.com/contacts

See the source image
The Beatles' catalog is Universal, not Warner. The Stones may be, as well. Warner/Rhino can't do anything there, but there are still so many great artists, under the WMG banner, that would be big sellers.

The Beatles' catalog is Universal, not Warner. The Stones may be, as well. Warner/Rhino can't do anything there, but there are still so many great artists, under the WMG banner, that would be big sellers.
the OP is not asking Rhino to release Beatles & Rolling Stones releases in surround sound.
he is saying that the high-profile surround releases from the Beatles & Rolling Stones (released by Universal Music) are demonstrating the continued longevity and interest in high-res surround sound releases.

:)

Back