MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Lennon : Gimme Some Truth

(i can handle it)

A3A8708E-3D0C-436F-B521-2A97FE04D323.jpeg

ugh... a minor whinge straight off the bat re: the packaging.. i call these types of cardboard slipcases "suicide sleeves" since i can never get a disc out without guaranteed scratching the fudging thing before its even entered the player..!!!! 🤣

Sounds to me, Adam, that you're ONE of those curmudgeonly UN~ECO friendly types .... but I hear ya!

Eric, what's your take on this? Currently, Deep discount has it for $11.99 [BD~V/CD] ~ a 15% discount but even at that price I'm still on the fence. Worth it OR NOT?
Mainly front, and more center focused. There’s not much in surrounds, some ambiance and crowd noise. For $12 it was worth a shot, I think full retail was like $35. Had I paid $35 I’d be pissed.

Not my latest....but currently watching/listening to .........
Pink Floyd - Early Years UK Box Set.jpg

but does anyone know why the Blu-Ray Disc 1 in the 1967-1972 Continu/ation set & the Blu-Ray Disc in the 1972 Obfusc/ation set had to be re-pressed?

The new CD/Blu-ray from Christopher Von Deylen (Schiller) The Blu-ray features a concert in 5.1 with the rest of the features in stereo. The surround mix is very front orientated with the rears used for ambience and audience applause. The best thing I can say about the 5.1 mix is that there is a nice sense of depth provided from the front speakers. The Artboard Loop is very spectacular and fits the music well but it would have been nice to have a full-on surround mix to accompany it. Nice music but the 5.1 mix could have been a bit more immersive.

Attachments

• Oct 1.jpg
    Oct 1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 96
I've just received a copy of the coveted Misplaced Childhood BD-A set, courtesy of Racket, kaikubass, and fthesoundguy. 🤩 First new surround purchase in some months, for me, though I'm about due for another D/V order. 😉

How's the Quad mix, is it active, Puppo?
It definitely seems to have a big and clean sound, with some minor discrete elements in the rears (more ambient) IMO; however, the Classical genre is not one of my strengths. It does not have that discrete sound that you'd get from one of the recent Dutton Vocalion Classical titles.
I would rather you get the opinions of others, that are more in tune to this release / pieces of music from the The classical music general discussion thread:
@ubertrout - @Kal Rubinson - @humprof - @windhoek - @Soundfield - @4-earredwonder 'and others' from that thread that may want to offer a more informed opinion!

Back