"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine late last night...found it at my door early this morning. Time to spin this but almost hate to open up this package of art!
650303E9-A90A-46E0-9AC3-23C3F8318415.jpeg

Just got mine late last night...found it at my door early this morning. Time to spin this but almost hate to open up this package of art!
View attachment 57856

Just open it carefully and make sure the glue doesn't stick to the cover art ...... or you'll be SORRY.

ENJOY .... as I KNOW YOU WILL, Eric!

Must be a really slow boat!
Yes, went with the cheapest airmail option, mainly because it has worked in the past, but of course COVID has screwed up air travel to NZ, and there are back-logged mountains of non-priority mail waiting to get here. Entry for non-essential, non-resident travel is pretty low especially with the costly 2 week mandatory quarantine, and the planes just don't come here frequently any more, being at the ends of the earth.

I know how you feel kennethbg, I recently ordered this one together with Herbie Hancock's Head Hunter from importcds.
Head Hunter has shipped but Santana shows as back ordered...😣
Could be a long wait....

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again. For these Japanese Sony 7" SACD quad releases, your best bet is to just order it from CDJapan. Their packing is superb, their shipping is reliable and quick, and you'll be sure that you will get the disc. In the case of a title that might sell out, for example "Santana" vs Tapestry or the 2 Billy Joel's that were already released in the past as a 5.1 SACD, you are taking a risk purchasing it from other sources.

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again. For these Japanese Sony 7" SACD quad releases, your best bet is to just order it from CDJapan. Their packing is superb, their shipping is reliable and quick, and you'll be sure that you will get the disc. In the case of a title that might sell out, for example "Santana" vs Tapestry or the 2 Billy Joel's that were already released in the past as a 5.1 SACD, you are taking a risk purchasing it from other sources.
Great points .... Jon......but the Billy Joel and Santana sets are still available for purchase from CDJapan :)

Yes you are right I have Abraxas on order with Cdjapan only someone on the site said order it off Amazon japan as it was a bit cheaper and they had very good service from them. As they say you learn by your mistakes so I will not do that again.

Well I got my Santana from importcd
This time I ordered Abraxas from cdjapan
I did choose air shipping not DHL to save some costs. So I ll see what happens.
More money but you do get a postcard....

i would apply a small caveat for QQ-ers in Europe, specifically the UK, buying from CDJapan and that is just to factor in the inevitable customs duty and handling charges, which make each order from them (irrespective of shipping method in my experience) around 25% more expensive than the total price paid to the vendor.

Here in Norway we have to pay VAT on every import,but DHL has a handing fee of $20.That's more than the VAT.I ordered Abraxas from aman.co.jp as they charge VAT without a handling fee and transfer it to the Norwegian tax authority.Saves me $20.So much new music now,so I can wait.

Great points .... Jon......but the Billy Joel and Santana sets are still available for purchase from CDJapan :)

That why I said 'vs' those titles that were previously available. Those are less likely to sell out, as opposed to 'Santana' or 'Abraxas', which never had an earlier surround SACD release

Here in Norway we have to pay VAT on every import,but DHL has a handing fee of $20.That's more than the VAT.I ordered Abraxas from aman.co.jp as they charge VAT without a handling fee and transfer it to the Norwegian tax authority.Saves me $20.So much new music now,so I can wait.

while Brits are technically also due VAT duty and charges on every import over a certain value (think its about £15 quid now?) it is hit and miss with a number of packages arriving without a charge despite them being accurately declared by the shipper, however with CDJapan i've found it to be a fee hit every flummin' time! i'm used to it after all these years but still... it is what it is.. to be forewarned is to be forearmed, is to be four earred.. and all that jazz! 💪

while Brits are technically also due VAT duty and charges on every import over a certain value (think its about £15 quid now?) it is hit and miss with a number of packages arriving without a charge despite them being accurately declared by the shipper, however with CDJapan i've found it to be a fee hit every flummin' time! i'm used to it after all these years but still... it is what it is.. to be forewarned is to be forearmed, is to be four earred.. and all that jazz! 💪
I haven't had anything over £15 without paying tax & the rip-off fee no matter where it has come from or via Royal Mail/DHL/FedEx... :(

Back