Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nilsson Schmilsson 2ch MoFi SACD #174

Fantastic music!!

a/b'ed several tracks vs. 2004 remaster CD 7 from RCA Albums Collection 17 CD box. MoFi SACD is a bit lower level. MoFi has better dynamics, depth & high end is cleaner.

My 1st copy was Q8. It and my CD-4 are my most listened to copies. Too bad SACD isn't multi....

Linda, wonder if this will preclude Dutton Vocalion from releasing it as a QUAD SACD? Wish at some point MoFi would likewise release Nilsson Sings Newman!

another great debut on SACD--this one sounds amazing!
1602431434527.png
Pixies Surfer Rosa
https://www.allmusic.com/album/surfer-rosa-mw0000196022https://www.sa-cd.net/showreviews/4420https://hifihipster.com/2010/09/sacd-review-pixies-surfer-rosa-mobile-fidelity-sound-lab-remaster/

01E977A6-2462-49BC-AB74-F19D4B1E1490.jpeg

This is my 6th or 7th copy of this album, needless to say one of my all time favourites. Grabbed this mainly because the price dropped to $38CDN on Amazon.

Disappointed, knew it within 30 seconds.
Just doesn’t sound right.
Not terrible but compared to the earlier SACD and the MoFi Gold it’s lacking in bass and any notes with long decays seem strangely truncated. And it’s a bit fatiguing to my ears.
I’ll be unloading this, probably return it to Amazon

Last edited:
i'll be :poop: if i know--i barely speak Engl-ish! my wife and i had to cancel our trip to Japan 🇯🇵 this year; we are hoping to go next year--i'll keep an eye out for the disc when i make my Disk Union pilgrimage!
Well, funnily enough, me and my woman have a trip to Japan planned for Xmas 2021...where would you find this in Tokyo???

Also, I was reading the review and though it quite weird that you have to play this disc several times for it to "open up the sound" (huh???)...so , are we talking about the SHM material has to be "burned" by the laser to sound better??? That sounds a bit uncomprehensible to me cause optical media is 0s and 1s and it really wouldn't matter how many times it's played as opposed to LPs which is PHYSICAL media that gets "cleaned" by the stylus every time it gets played...

Sounds like "Voodoo Economics" to me...(anyone???)

Well, funnily enough, me and my woman have a trip to Japan planned for Xmas 2021...where would you find this in Tokyo???

Also, I was reading the review and though it quite weird that you have to play this disc several times for it to "open up the sound" (huh???)...so , are we talking about the SHM material has to be "burned" by the laser to sound better??? That sounds a bit uncomprehensible to me cause optical media is 0s and 1s and it really wouldn't matter how many times it's played as opposed to LPs which is PHYSICAL media that gets "cleaned" by the stylus every time it gets played...

You're right its drivel..........................................................................they might be able to open up the sound if they played it with a magical optical enhancing unicorn horn after coating the disc in the tears of an elf. :devilish:

the author of the review wrote about it HERE on QQ!

Back