New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha 1 cup = 8 ounces = 236 milliliters.

Ah, that's interesting - where on earth does it come from?

I once worked in a Kodachrome processing chem lab. Everything metric. I quickly learned to love it.

Yes, all the other systems we've variously struggled with really do seem pretty perverse in comparison. Glad I didn't have to spend a lifetime in engineering whilst battling with the unnecessary complications of calculations in imperial units!

Secondly I think the answer should be delivered in Guinness.
I'll drink to that!
1598070550326.png
1598070550326.png

Hi Raku

Here is the box disassembly video, right at the end you see how the on/ off switch goes in. Chris will make another video today specifically on correcting the on/ off switch problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yw-QJS5k6cvInDDxaob0M8VFi5zKKdll/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQKZohOzkc8t9CyzyQ8Fpj7EP47gjkyH/view?usp=sharing
Hi Chucky

The box disassembly video was helpful.
I fixed the on/off switch problem with a 2mm hex wrench and hex driver.
SM worked fine.

I waited for 6 months, but now I am rewarded.
The blue LED is too bright.

DSCN0739-1.jpg

Last edited:
A question to those in the USA who have ordered the SM, how was it delivered? I've been considering ordering one but I'm concerned about delivery
considering the sabotage that's happening with the USPS at the moment.

A question to those in the USA who have ordered the SM, how was it delivered? I've been considering ordering one but I'm concerned about delivery
Mine was delivered by UPS with no problems, but that was some time ago. I would ask Chucky if he can switch final delivery carrier to your home.

Yep if there are any special delivery requirements just tell us and we will try to do it. I think in all units sold there were around 2 or 3 that got lost in the mail and we resupplied no questions.

Never knew something like this exisited. Can you buy these in the U.K. ? ( Or you have to import ??

Sorry for ignorance, haven't read up fully yet, can this "sort of" play redbook CD's in 5.1 ??

Never knew something like this exisited. Can you buy these in the U.K. ? ( Or you have to import ??

Sorry for ignorance, haven't read up fully yet, can this "sort of" play redbook CD's in 5.1 ??

Hi Toto,

Im in the UK too. You need to import from Australia as there is no UK dealer. You need to factor in import duties of circa £60 from memory - why there is any duty between australia and uk when we are so close god knows but thats another matter. But the discount code chills that problem out.

Mine arrived during covid really quickly - maybe 2 weeks door to door fully tracked. Obviously though thats going to be pretty random though as situation is in flux.

Back