I spent my COVID vacation money on this.....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I don't want to be a downer or sound negative. I sent my COVID money to my son to help pay for my grand-daughters grave stone. Just being real here....

So sad, Gene. BTW, my 81 year old brother in law who had a previous pre~existing bout with Cancer just tested Covid~19 POSITIVE today!

SCARY TIMES. If you HAVE IT, SPEND IT and ENJOY EACH AND EVERY DAY because no one knows what the future has in store!

Didn't go anywhere this year and might not be able to travel much of next year either, so besides doing some upgrades to the house, I bought this baby. Sansui QRX-9001, upgrading my 7001. What a beautiful unit! I'm actually in love. ♥

For the first time in many years, I have CD-4 that's almost perfect, too. (My 7001 and a JVC 4DD-5 always seemed to have some issues.)

One question for the group. The tape 1 input is a strange 5 pin input/output. Do they make any adapters for that?
Great purchase from a great source! QRX Restore helped fix some boards of mine a few years back and saved me from having to ship the whole thing. I think they are terrific and you will enjoy your 9001 for decades! Have fun!

My 1st experiance with DIN jack/plugs was on my Integrex Ambisonic decoder.

Eumig dual 8mm projector for me.

What was the deal with weird audio connectors on film projectors, anyway? I've also had to deal with both Bell & Howell and Kodak 16mm projectors that looked like they had standard 1/4" outputs for sound but it turned out they were actually slightly smaller. Never saw that used anywhere else, though at least I could obtain the appropriate plugs back in the 1970s.

Eumig dual 8mm projector for me.

What was the deal with weird audio connectors on film projectors, anyway? I've also had to deal with both Bell & Howell and Kodak 16mm projectors that looked like they had standard 1/4" outputs for sound but it turned out they were actually slightly smaller. Never saw that used anywhere else, though at least I could obtain the appropriate plugs back in the 1970s.
That could possibly be patch cable jacks. The cables/plugs for old patch bays look just like 1/4" but smaller. A lot of projection booths in schools would have a patch bay there.

Didn't go anywhere this year and might not be able to travel much of next year either, so besides doing some upgrades to the house, I bought this baby. Sansui QRX-9001, upgrading my 7001. What a beautiful unit! I'm actually in love. ♥

For the first time in many years, I have CD-4 that's almost perfect, too. (My 7001 and a JVC 4DD-5 always seemed to have some issues.)

One question for the group. The tape 1 input is a strange 5 pin input/output. Do they make any adapters for that?
Yes, a beautiful 'vintage' unit. Hoping everything is functioning correctly with it.

That could possibly be patch cable jacks. The cables/plugs for old patch bays look just like 1/4" but smaller. A lot of projection booths in schools would have a patch bay there.

That would make sense. It's odd to me that I've still never encountered those plugs anywhere else. But then, I don't think I've ever used 1/4" for anything other than headphones.

Yes, there's a 4.4mm standard Jack used in pro-audio applications. Known as the "Bantam" connector it is generally used for balanced signals. It is not used on domestic equipment.

Back