Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, wow, wow, Abbey Road in Atmos was spectacular, the high light was Ringo's mini drum solo, was that end of Golden Slumber or The End, coming out of all the height speakers, just mind blowing man, super duper good. Out of this world, I could of listened a 1000 times in a row..
So much conteversery with music Atmos. Turn it up, unplug, close my eyes and listen, WOW, so good. I feel like a kid in 1991 with my first Panasonic surround system.
Even when there is nothing like Ringo's height speaker drum solo the immersive experience is a brave new world man, sublime.
Now listening for the first time to INXS KICK 30th in Dolby Atmos, noticed right off the bat I had to turn up INXS louder to match the feel of Abbey Road. Letting go of Atmos expectations and having a blast, that's me.
It helps when you love the music, Beatles and INXS, LOVE IT :love:.
81QPaVMSeXL._SY679_.jpg

Wow, wow, wow, Abbey Road in Atmos was spectacular, the high light was Ringo's mini drum solo, was that end of Golden Slumber or The End, coming out of all the height speakers, just mind blowing man, super duper good. Out of this world, I could of listened a 1000 times in a row..
So much conteversery with music Atmos. Turn it up, unplug, close my eyes and listen, WOW, so good. I feel like a kid in 1991 with my first Panasonic surround system.
Even when there is nothing like Ringo's height speaker drum solo the immersive experience is a brave new world man, sublime.
Now listening for the first time to INXS KICK 30th in Dolby Atmos, noticed right off the bat I had to turn up INXS louder to match the feel of Abbey Road. Letting go of Atmos expectations and having a blast, that's me.
It helps when you love the music, Beatles and INXS, LOVE IT :love:.
View attachment 58065

IN THE SUBLIME WORDS OF ELLA AND LOUIS, MARKIE'S INDEED "IN HEAVEN!"

Cheek to CHIC.......what an awesome DUO. SO GLAD you finally got your system UP AND RUNNING, Mr. P!
Not quite.
So far: I had to order 4 XLR cables $36.00 to hold me over till the Audioquest Water XLR's come in.
The 3 subs where in, all REl's the S5 I already had works perfect. the S812 and S510 both failed and had to return, the S812 had a big hum and the S510 was DOA. Very frustrating but no questions and the manufacturer is swapping with new, impressive.
In fact the North America REL president is coming over my house on the 20th to make sure everything is OK, wow, I'm nervous.
The remote installed screwed up my network, another delay, that needs to be fixed. The more high end the more problems.
So, I figure I am 85% but sometimes you just need to say fuck it, and listen to what you got.

Ok, up next may well be the most impressive use of ATMOS so far. Do you want music flying around and above your head ? Zipping back and forth and all around? I DO !!!

Booka Shade - Dear Future Self

View attachment 58045 View attachment 58046

It's Friday People !!!

I just gave this a first spin tonight. I played it in ATMOS 7.2.4

I don't know who Fritz Hilpert is, but he did one hell of a job on the ATMOS mix. Within the first 15 seconds, you know you are in for a treat. At about a minute thirty, the LFE kicks in, and then it's time to reach for the remote and see what the album can do. Intense!

PS: I just added this release on Discogs

I just gave this a first spin tonight. I played it in ATMOS 7.2.4

I don't know who Fritz Hilpert is, but he did one hell of a job on the ATMOS mix. Within the first 15 seconds, you know you are in for a treat. At about a minute thirty, the LFE kicks in, and then it's time to reach for the remote and see what the album can do. Intense!

PS: I just added this release on Discogs

He's one of the members of Kraftwerk - he mixed their Minimum-Maximum SACD, and although it's not credited, I'm sure he had a hand in their 3-D The Catalogue Atmos Blu-Ray as well.

Back