Rick Wakeman & The English Rock Ensemble - “The Red Planet” CD+DVD out 4/3/2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent review:
Rick Wakeman - The Red Planet review

The Caped Crusader parks the wisecracks and ivory-tinkling covers on Earth and teams up with The English Rock Ensemble for a long-overdue journey back to prog’s extra-terrestrial realms.

3071.jpg

Depending on what constitutes 'surround', RTTCOTE was released in 'Dolby Surround' on the EMI Classic label. Here's a link to the disc on Amazon UK ...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Return-Centre-London-Symphony-Orchestra/dp/B00000IL1O.......and here's a picture of the back cover......
RTTCOTE-EMI_Dolby_Surround.jpg

I have a copy but not listened to it for ages so no comment from me on the actual output for quasi-surround but, of course, the music;s great!

Depending on what constitutes 'surround', RTTCOTE was released in 'Dolby Surround' on the EMI Classic label. Here's a link to the disc on Amazon UK ...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Return-Centre-London-Symphony-Orchestra/dp/B00000IL1O.......and here's a picture of the back cover......View attachment 55997
I have a copy but not listened to it for ages so no comment from me on the actual output for quasi-surround but, of course, the music;s great!
I haven't listened to that in years! Once I get through the growing to listen to pile, I ought to play it through the SM2 and see what it does with it.

I just received the album 2 months and 1 week after I received the email of the shipment.
I ordered the "SCIENCE OFFICER" version with the CD & DVD. And while I knew that the DVD was going to be delayed, it is until now that I found out that there won't be a surround version on the DVD. Only a high res version of the album plus expanded versions of footage shown online.
I remember clearly that it was mentioned in the description of this version that there was going to be a surround version on the DVD. But on the FAQ section on Rick's web page it is clear that there won't be one :(.

See third question on:
The Red Planet - FAQ
What good is the DVD with no surround I will claim back me 15 bucks with Paypal.

Depending on what constitutes 'surround', RTTCOTE was released in 'Dolby Surround' on the EMI Classic label. Here's a link to the disc on Amazon UK ...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Return-Centre-London-Symphony-Orchestra/dp/B00000IL1O.......and here's a picture of the back cover......

Just wanted to say thanks for the info on this. I found it for $7.00 used. Gonna give it a try.

Depending on what constitutes 'surround', RTTCOTE was released in 'Dolby Surround' on the EMI Classic label. Here's a link to the disc on Amazon UK ...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Return-Centre-London-Symphony-Orchestra/dp/B00000IL1O.......and here's a picture
WOW, I forgot all about that and even have a copy on my hard drive. It doesn't sound too bad at all using Dolby Surround decoding here. Sends me back to the days when that was about all we had for multich playback, that with my Marantz 2270 & 2440 add-on quad amp. Picture ca 1976
Marantz1976_v1.jpg

It stinks not getting a surround version. But at least to hear the red planet in audio better than a CD, will be nice. This new company that is distributing Rick's items is Not very good at all about getting orders shipped accurately. I have still only gotten HALF of my order!!!- Sept. 18

... have still only gotten HALF of my order!!!- Sept. 18

Expected date was announced as END of September back when the CDs went out in July.
Took a four weeks to for my CD to make it from the UK to USA.
That makes it November before I expect to see the DVD.

They're taking a bit of a bath paying for packing & postage for two shipments.
Maybe we should keep our shirts on in the meantime. ;)

The Red Planet

Is there a high-resolution version?
Only available on the CD deluxe edition - for the time being, but this won't be shipped until the end of September.

Will you make the high res version available to download?
Maybe in the future, subject to the fans' interest.

How did the deluxe edition differ?
It had the deluxe pop-up packaging like the vinyl with a full booklet and eventually the bonus DVD .

What's on the DVD?
The high res version of the album plus expanded versions of footage shown online, but because of COVID, the last parts of the footage were to be shot at the space centre and include as many fans as possible.
Now instead we invite fans to submit Red Planet questions to [email protected] and Rick will answer the best ones in a video segment.

Production will start immediately after this and the
DVD will be sent out to all purchasers hopefully at the end of September.

Is there a surround sound version?
No.

When is the DVD going to ship?
The DVDs are currently being mailed out. As usual at the moment, arrival times across the world could be several weeks away.

What's on the DVD?
The high res version of the album plus expanded versions of footage shown online.

Will there be another print of the CD Deluxe edition with the DVD or the red vinyl?
No, these were both limited editions.

The Red Planet

Back