Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will be OK. Mine, as well as those of others, was also in limbo with that same message for a number of days...much more than I would have suspected. Perhaps they do actual shipping in batches.
I think your correct. If I remember correctly, Rhino only ships 2 times a week. I would assume they would ship in Bulk and not by order. That's probably why shipping was so cheap.

I don't understand this USPS tracking.The 11th. I got a mai saying it was processed at LA distribution center,and that the item was in transit to its destination,which I thought was Norway.
Then today I got a mail saying my item had arrived at origin transfer airport in International LA,USA,and that the item was in transit to its destination,wherever that may be. :unsure: I suppose I will receive Abraxas before I see this in the mailbox.;)

I don't understand this USPS tracking.The 11th. I got a mai saying it was processed at LA distribution center,and that the item was in transit to its destination,which I thought was Norway.
Then today I got a mail saying my item had arrived at origin transfer airport in International LA,USA,and that the item was in transit to its destination,wherever that may be. :unsure: I suppose I will receive Abraxas before I see this in the mailbox.;)

Yeah - the tracking/shipping/explanation situation on this title is about as bad as any order I've had.

Huh, I don't understand the USPS system now at all. Most of the time packages and mail go to destinations not even close to me and then get sent back this way to our distribution center. It's a confusing mess nowadays. I don't understand why they do that. It's not like it used to be. My Dad worked for them for 32 years and if he were still here I doubt he would know. No wonder they're losing money. Lol. I wish you good luck.

I've only had one item shipped from Norway...it was a CD I purchased from a seller on Discogs....it didn't take that long...how is the Norwegian Post

Huh, I don't understand the USPS system now at all. Most of the time packages and mail go to destinations not even close to me and then get sent back this way to our distribution center. It's a confusing mess nowadays. I don't understand why they do that. It's not like it used to be. My Dad worked for them for 32 years and if he were still here I doubt he would know. No wonder they're losing money. Lol. I wish you good luck.

The USPS has 21 NDC's(Network Distribution Centers)in different regions of the country...it looks confusing if you try to track a package by geographic locations...as they don't travel in the shortest distance...but the volume is so massive that they have to be handled in this manner...21 NDC's to cover the entire US isn't that many...

As of today, Sunday I'm still getting my UPS tracking from Rhino as No Information For This Order message. Very odd. Usually it states No Tracking Information Available, Check Back Later. This is a totally different message than normal. I'll have to keep checking and possibly have to email Rhino or UPS on the situation. This is something I've never gotten in the past. Maybe I'll see a change soon, maybe not, we'll see. Trying not to panic too much. Lol, tho it's only been 4 days.

Last edited:
Huh, It worked. Lol, I should have noticed that the tracking number via UPS was not a UPS tracking number. Their numbers start with usually 1Z... It shows USPS is awaiting package. I bet this will take a while. That Sucks that they ship like that. Probably saves us money. Now it's just a waiting issue. I guess I should have acted sooner ordering the Set. Thanks for the info.

The UPS tracking number given to me from Rhino now shows in transit to USPS. I just needed to wait awhile I guess for it to show. Now it's just a wait until it shows on the USPS tracking. I'm assuming probably next week sometime. I've had UPS Mail Innovations before and it didn't take this long...Geez ?! Sorry for the complaining ! Lol. As they say, American's want things "Right Away."

Last edited:
Huh, It worked. Lol, I should have noticed that the tracking number via UPS was not a UPS tracking number. Their numbers start with usually 1Z... It shows USPS is awaiting package. I bet this will take a while. That Sucks that they ship like that. Probably saves us money. Now it's just a waiting issue. I guess I should have acted sooner ordering the Set. Thanks for the info.
Once the hand off happens, that tracking number will work in either the USP or the USPS tracking system. I actually thought it went to UPS first, then to USPS for the final delivery. I could be wrong though.

Once the hand off happens, that tracking number will work in either the USP or the USPS tracking system. I actually thought it went to UPS first, then to USPS for the final delivery. I could be wrong though.

Usually USPS is the final carrier because UPS and Fed Ex don't service some areas..and if it's a PO Box

The layout makes it a little ambiguous, but according to today's Rhino Newsletter, Quadio seems to be one of the "top sellers" in the Rhino store:

topsellers.JPG

Monday, October 5, 2020-

The Qudio set got some promotion this morning on Atlanta, GA's classic rock station.
The early drive DJ normally has a rock news segment and today he gave a shout out to the Dobbie Brothers Qudio release along with quick history of quad.
He tied it in nicely to say that with today's 5.1 home systems you should give it a try and directed people to the band's website to pick it up.

Finally,my package have arrived in Norway,but I have no idea where it is now.The tracking only shows "in transit to its destination".Been that way since October the 1.Still hope to get it this week. :unsure:

an interesting wee thing's cropped up with this here Doobie Quadio set...

it has shown up a limitation of my system, in that my AVR cannot process the Bitstreamed DTS HD MA @192kHz in conjunction with Audssey MultEQ.

in order to get Audyssey to kick in, i have to set the BDP to process the DTS to PCM, otherwise i get the 192kHz DTS HD MA 4.0 with no room compensation, EQ, etc.

curious, n'est pas... 🤔

Anyone else having problem playing the Doobies Quadio Box? If I choose to play the DTS-HD Master Audio Multichannel there is only sound coming from the left front speaker. When choosing to play "only " DTS there is sound from all four speakers. Strange since I have other DTS-HD
Master AUdio discs that plays without problem. This is a 192/24 but the ones I have before are 96/24. Could that be the reason???

Anyone else having problem playing the Doobies Quadio Box? If I choose to play the DTS-HD Master Audio Multichannel there is only sound coming from the left front speaker. When choosing to play "only " DTS there is sound from all four speakers. Strange since I have other DTS-HD
Master AUdio discs that plays without problem. This is a 192/24 but the ones I have before are 96/24. Could that be the reason???

Some AV receivers are having problems with 4.0 audio, which model do you have?

Back