Rick Wakeman - Return to the Center of the Earth

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are pre-order links in the article. They take you to musicglue site where you can order either the Deluxe (110€) or super deluxe (136€). There's no reference to the release date and the surround mix is referenced under a CD description. Embarrassing...

Editing myself again, if you try to order, it says it'll ship in 14 days. 25 euros shipping to Spain.

I'd love to get this, but at this late stage after all the other things that have come out that I've bought - I just can't do it. I thought it was perfect as a set until I got to the order page and finally noticed the vinyl that's included. I'm so fed up with these box set manipulations, I'm just way past the point of complaining anymore...

I'd love to get this, but at this late stage after all the other things that have come out that I've bought - I just can't do it. I thought it was perfect as a set until I got to the order page and finally noticed the vinyl that's included. I'm so fed up with these box set manipulations, I'm just way past the point of complaining anymore...
Well, the deluxe does not include the vinyl, but it's 110€ worth anyway

Thanks, Cesar, I actually didn't see that. I like that in principle that they're offering the vinyl-free option - I wish that would happen all the other times with these kinds of sets. It helps a bit, but I need some financial recovery time, you know? If it's still available around Feb. or so, I'll likely grab one.

I picked up a copy of the cd with supposedly a Dolby Surround mix but didn’t really hear anything discrete when playing the disc.

Granted, my system may not know how to play a CD with this format.

Last edited:
Interesting. The original is supposed to be recorded with Dolby Matrix Quad encoding or something?
When I play mine back with Dolby Surround decoding it has an interesting result?
1540999460697_bulletin

Using the Dolby encoder in my Marantz returns a pretty unimpressive result, at least in terms of discreetness. If only I knew the new mix is fully discreet and the box was 50 euros cheaper... (n)

It's been ages since the last time I played the record and I had forgotten how much I liked it 20 years ago. It has its cheesy moments like all Wakeman's albums, but it's quite good nonetheless.

Back