DGM finally announces 50th anniversary surround deluxe set of IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already got the 40th & 50th Anniversary......love the album.....but not sure I'm willing to spend over $200 US on this....not yet anyhow

Think the 40th SUCKS THE BIG BANNANAView attachment 59014
I’m with you man, have the 40th and 50th and really only want this for the Atmos. Lot of money for it if SW doesn’t put a lot of information in the height speakers and it sounds almost like the 50th.....Bring on the reviews!!!

It's here! Playing now. I feel a 10 coming on -- is the poll up yet?

Amazingly, I've been waiting for months for 3 separate and expensive items, non-related: one came yesterday, and two today, including this box set.

Will save a review for the poll (and am only on "I Talk to the Wind" atm) . . . but man, it's very, um "special / spatial" :rocks .

[edit: just read comment above. How does having cymbal brushes alternating between the left and right rear heights grab ya? :D]

Last edited:
It's here! Playing now. I feel a 10 coming on -- is the poll up yet?

Amazingly, I've been waiting for months for 3 separate and expensive items, non-related: one came yesterday, and two today, including this box set.

Will save a review for the poll (and am only on "I Talk to the Wind" atm) . . . but man, it's very, um "special / spatial" :rocks .

[edit: just read comment above. How about having cymbal brushes alternating between the left and right rear heights grab ya? :D]
NO! Stop teasing......I want this. For the Atmos that is. uggggggggghhhhh.

NO! Stop teasing......I want this. For the Atmos that is. uggggggggghhhhh.
Pretty expensive just for the "ATMOS".....they should have done a medium sized box set as well with the ATMOS included....dont you think?

Unless it's the most AMAZING BLAZING with a DR of 15 or more I'm passing

Last edited:
He (still) considers the Exposure album to be good, but the trilogy idea doesn't work right. Peter Gabriel does a magnificent job on "Here comes the Flood" (I think that it was never meant to be Hall's vocals. And Peter Hamill sounds great on "Chicago" as well. The original mix never sounded right and so there was a 1983/84 remix (Re-Kindled) album that was cool. Then the original mix came out (again later) with the Hall material added, and with better mastering, it turns out that the original mix was quite strong to begin with, but needed the right mastering to open it up a bit.

Fripp got Exposure was just right the first time. The later remixes don't compare (especially, 'Breathless') . And Peter Hammill is simply a better match to Fripp's music than Daryl Hall.

That said, I'm far more interested in a possible Exposure celebration than yet another iteration of the frankly overrated and often boring 1969 KC debut album.

I emailed Burning Shed about the £66 postage cost to Australia and their reply:

"Unfortunately this item is too heavy to go by standard post which means it has to go by courier who sadly do charge this amount for shipments."

Well, good things comes to those who wait. Only £16 postage to Australia from jpc.de now, a saving of AUS$90 just in postage, so it's now ordered from them (total was €164.18).
🍺

Its arrived sounds great looks fantastic a proper upgrade on the 40th completely over the top as it should be.

I'm glad I waited for the 2019 new surround mix. Probably should have turned it down a bit as my wife came in to say it suddenly got louder and she could now hear it. It'd Dynamic.

Will have to get round to the the other contents but for now I'm done .

Last edited:
I'm still on the fence. There's not much in the set that I don't have already to entice me. I don't have Atmos setup (yet)....that said, if I see a killer deal on it I'll probably spring for it for future reference...it's have to be in the $175 total (or less) range for me though.

I received a shipping notification from Innerknot/schizoid shop for the King Crimson box. I guess paying the total price of $215 doesn't include any tracking info. Anyone else experience that? Maybe it's extra for the tracking info...

I received a shipping notification from Innerknot/schizoid shop for the King Crimson box. I guess paying the total price of $215 doesn't include any tracking info. Anyone else experience that? Maybe it's extra for the tracking info...

I got the same. Just a shipping notification email but no tracking number. It was shipped a week ago via USPS First Class Mail to Canada. Still waiting.

I’m glad to hear you all have received a shipping notice ! I preordered the set on Aug 31 and haven’t heard anything from them since. My order status is Preordered and the set‘s main lisiting is Sold Out.... I guess they ship out a few whenever they get some in stock .

I got the box one hour ago, closed the doors as family is at home and I'm listening to the Atmos as I write. All I can say is wow. I'm really, really impressed at the use of the height speakers, Schizoid is like hearing the song for the first time. It's simply amazing.

Back