Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a.jpg

And you know how it sounds just by seeing the name of the artist.

I've been watching The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. An excellent series that I'd highly recommend. Even if you don't know anything about or care for chess.

It starts in the 50's but proceeds & is mainly set in the 60's. Music used as a time setter is quite common in movies & it really hits the mark here. Netflix should do a soundtrack release, such an excellent compilation it would be.

So anyways, there I was on eps 5 when I hear the pensive opening chords to Mason Williams Classical Gas. Wow. I first heard that piece way back on the Smothers Brothers show. It still grabs me just as much today & I'd be at a loss to describe any further why. Yes, somewhere (who knows where?) I have the original Mason Williams Phonograph Album. But closer at hand I have the CD collaboration with Mannheim Steamroller. It seems the Steamroller is not much mentioned here on QQ. Is it considered an ersatz classical music cliche by most people? I still think the 1st 4 albums are fresh & energizing as my hearing for the 1st time.

Mason Williams plus Mannheim Steamroller is obviously a heaven made match for me. I loved every second revisiting this music last night. And there's some other great winners there as well. Due to equipment re-shuffling my Surround Master is not hooked up & I listned to this stereo CD, GASP, in stereo! Maybe the 1st time I've done that with this CD. I was really pleased at the width outside the speakers, solid phantom center front imaging, and the detail & crispness of the audio. It was an excellent evening & obviously I'm still thinking about it today so I had to share.

I've been watching The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. An excellent series that I'd highly recommend. Even if you don't know anything about or care for chess.

It starts in the 50's but proceeds & is mainly set in the 60's. Music used as a time setter is quite common in movies & it really hits the mark here. Netflix should do a soundtrack release, such an excellent compilation it would be.

So anyways, there I was on eps 5 when I hear the pensive opening chords to Mason Williams Classical Gas. Wow. I first heard that piece way back on the Smothers Brothers show. It still grabs me just as much today & I'd be at a loss to describe any further why. Yes, somewhere (who knows where?) I have the original Mason Williams Phonograph Album. But closer at hand I have the CD collaboration with Mannheim Steamroller. It seems the Steamroller is not much mentioned here on QQ. Is it considered an ersatz classical music cliche by most people? I still think the 1st 4 albums are fresh & energizing as my hearing for the 1st time.

Mason Williams plus Mannheim Steamroller is obviously a heaven made match for me. I loved every second revisiting this music last night. And there's some other great winners there as well. Due to equipment re-shuffling my Surround Master is not hooked up & I listned to this stereo CD, GASP, in stereo! Maybe the 1st time I've done that with this CD. I was really pleased at the width outside the speakers, solid phantom center front imaging, and the detail & crispness of the audio. It was an excellent evening & obviously I'm still thinking about it today so I had to share.

I admit, I'm a Steamroller junkie. I think they are simply astonishing.

I just finished watching Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets - Live At The Roundhouse concert video and wanted to revisit Floyd’s early singles... it’s been a long time...

The Pink Floyd - Early Singles

1605480668980.jpeg 1605480693887.jpeg

From the Pink Floyd - Shine On box set

1605480770015.jpeg

Hey Sonik I also watched Queens Gambit and highly reccomend it.
I also thought the musical selections were wonderfully chosen and wish a soundtrack album were available.
Think I'll watch it again.....

Hey Sonik I also watched Queens Gambit and highly reccomend it.
I also thought the musical selections were wonderfully chosen and wish a soundtrack album were available.
Think I'll watch it again.....
(y)(y)
If you do make a list of the songs as they go by. I'm sure we could do a co-op compilation!

Back