Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any of daphne hellman/hellman's angels' stereophonic recordings [using DES]
the buketov [sp?] arrangement of the 1812 overture
oxygene [j. m. jarre]
the organ stop wurlitzer recordings
the firehouse five + 2 stereo recordings [using DES]
harry zimmerman's "band with a beat"

Alright, I looked through everything and came up with a couple more that I haven’t seen listed yet:

Supergrass - Road to Rouen: This is one of the more underrated albums from the 2000s and Tales of Endurance, Pt. 4, 5, & 6 is one of my favorite songs ever. Lots of potential with percussion, strings, keys and horn elements all over this record.

David Byrne and St. Vincent - Love This Giant: Horn-centric album which would just be awesome to hear coming out of every speaker.

Slowdive - S/T: Shoegaze brilliance. Would be such an immersive experience being swallowed up in their effects if it could be pulled off.

Mercury Rev - Deserter's Song: Another album that’s a bit underrated as well. Most have heard of Goddess on a Hiway and it’s got enough instrumentation to put together a good discrete surround mix. “The Funny Bird” is also just a wonderful song.

Triumph - Allied Forces: Another Canadian rock trio, so just mix it like AFTK. Fight The Good Fight is something everyone should here. (Not by Chycki though! He remixed their hits in stereo a decade ago and it was not stellar.)

Coheed and Cambria - Their whole catalog but The Afterman would probably be the best suited. There's a decent amount of sound effects in that one that would It might be a situation where you mix them like SW did Rush,

to be perfectly honest, Ziggy may not be up to SW's standards but it is a quite effective MCH mix, wayyy better than the horrible StS one from Maislin!

As for Triumph.. THAT is a huge surprise...would have never imagined it...That was the first concert I ever saw in front row (San Juan,PR 1981 with Rick Derringer playing a full set and blowing them off the stage... I even have their "Just a game" LP signed by all three members...)

Slowdive - S/T: Shoegaze brilliance. Would be such an immersive experience being swallowed up in their effects if it could be pulled off.

Yes, would love a bit of Slowdive (probably the earlier stuff, though, as first choice). And for once, a messy, not very discrete mix might work, fitting in with the whole shoegaze vagueness.

Yes, would love a bit of Slowdive (probably the earlier stuff, though, as first choice). And for once, a messy, not very discrete mix might work, fitting in with the whole shoegaze vagueness.
Souvlaki would be awesome to get. I was being a little realistic picking the 2017 album because who knows where the multitracks are (if they even exist anymore). And it would totally work! I would just worry about the amount of reverb since a 5.1 mix can be overwhelmed with it quickly and then it just all sucks.

I would love to get Slades' Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply. I wore the oxide off that cassette in my teens. Might have to take some Gravol for the opening guitars though...

Everything by Camel
Everything by Coheed and Cambria
Everything not already in 5.1 by Dream Theater
Everything by Nightwish
Everything not already in 5.1 by Marillion
Just one, any one by my favourite band in the world Spocks Beard (pretty pretty please)

Hi all,
Goodness, a wishlist. Some bands I would love to hear in surround, in no particular order:

1. Van Der Graaf Generator, especially "Pawn Hearts" and "Godbluff."
2. Dead Can Dance
4. Joy Division
3. Peter Gabriel
5. The Cure
6. Frank Zappa
7. David Sylvian
8. Kate Bush

Last edited:
Hi all,
Goodness, a wishlist. Some bands I would love to hear in surround, in no particular order:

1. Van Der Graaf Generator, especially "Pawn Hearts" and "Godbluff."
2. Dead Can Dance
4. Joy Division
3. Peter Gabriel
5. The Cure
6. Frank Zappa
7. David Sylvian
8. Kate Bush

There's a pretty decent Peter Gabriel hits DVD that has a nice surround mix. Peter Gabriel, Play - The Videos. Also his album Up was released on mch SACD.
https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Gabriel-Play-The-Videos/release/2689652
Would love to hear some Kate Bush (I nearly put something else) at some point... Steven Wilson has said he'd like to work on some of the catalogue so you never know? The Cure would be great too... :)

Back