What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not actually a concert but live performances by ICONIC BANDS and interviews :love: :QQlove
1605755445230.png

Marillion - With Friends At St. David's 5.1 DTS-HD Master Blu-ray
stdavids.jpg

I know someone's gonna ask me what the mix is like, so, well I'm only 3/4 through the concert disc and the picture is great, the sound is great, the surround is what I usually think of as 'Wrap around' but there are some discrete bits, like the soundtrack parts from the 1932 film Freaks for example. I'm yet to listen to the studio album on disc 2.

Marillion - With Friends At St. David's 5.1 DTS-HD Master Blu-ray
View attachment 59523
I know someone's gonna ask me what the mix is like, so, well I'm only 3/4 through the concert disc and the picture is great, the sound is great, the surround is what I usually think of as 'Wrap around' but there are some discrete bits, like the soundtrack parts from the 1932 film Freaks for example. I'm yet to listen to the studio album on disc 2.

So, do tell. How is it ?

I really don´t get all the stink this gets regarding the bass (so YEAH, there's BASS here...wanna make something of it???)
and Steve's gtr level-- I can hear it FIIINE.....
the Bluray!!!
R-15969133-1601218707-2947.jpeg.jpg
Agreed. It may just be an issue of hardware for some............remember...there is no replacement for displacement.........

I really don´t get all the stink this gets regarding the bass (so YEAH, there's BASS here...wanna make something of it???)
the Bluray!!!

Kind of makes you wonder Kap how some have their systems set up. I agree, it sounded SUPERB on every level with just the right amount of bass and I could hear Steve's very distinctive guitar without any level adjustments whatsoever coming through LOUD and most importantly CLEAR!

Last edited:
the Bluray!!!

Kind of makes you wonder Kap how some have their systems set up. I agree, it sounded SUPERB on every level with just the right amount of bass and I could hear Steve's very distinctive guitar without any level adjustments whatsoever coming through LOUD and most importantly CLEAR!

Yes, it sounds CLEAR, I could increase the Master Volume Level above what I usually do, and Still listening good and Clear!. And Steve's Guitar OK.

It's true that I have to lower some points the SUB's Gain, but that's what the Gain is for. Sometimes in older stereo songs I have to increase the SUB gain.

On the contrary I find the Video visual detail not very satisfactory. There is a kind of too much blurry frame interpolation when horizontal panning, perhaps due to dark scene illumination. I have to disable completely the Projector Smooth motion setting to avoid very bad artifacts that I don't usually see in other video with the Smooth Motion activated.

BUT the most important is the music and their interpretation. Wonderful additional 'improvisations' to the well known Selling England songs.

Nad Sylvan histrionics are superb and at the right level. My wife loves him. We could see them here at Madrid.

Craig Blundell is also superb. Although I miss the Gary O'tool side of singing while drumming.

Also I miss Nick Beggs!

Yes, it sounds CLEAR, I could increase the Master Volume Level above what I usually do, and Still listening good and Clear!. And Steve's Guitar OK.

It's true that I have to lower some points the SUB's Gain, but that's what the Gain is for. Sometimes in older stereo songs I have to increase the SUB gain.

On the contrary I find the Video visual detail not very satisfactory. There is a kind of too much blurry frame interpolation when horizontal panning, perhaps due to dark scene illumination. I have to disable completely the Projector Smooth motion setting to avoid very bad artifacts that I don't usually see in other video with the Smooth Motion activated.

BUT the most important is the music and their interpretation. Wonderful additional 'improvisations' to the well known Selling England songs.

Nad Sylvan histrionics are superb and at the right level. My wife loves him. We could see them here at Madrid.

Craig Blundell is also superb. Although I miss the Gary O'tool side of singing while drumming.

Also I miss Nick Beggs!
Oh I LOVE the Jonas guy on bass!

¿no pudiste verlos en las noches del botánico en el 2017? ¡Estuvo espectacular!

Back