Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying something a little different with a Skirt steak tonight; cooked on an indoor Griddle (too much smoke outside to grill due to fires)-
Miso for the Umami, Wizard Hot Sauce (Sweet and Vinegary) and Pico Pica Hot Sauce (Bold, rich and Hot! 🔥)

IMG-0595.jpg

Trying something a little different with a Skirt steak tonight; cooked on an indoor Griddle (too much smoke outside to grill due to fires)-
Miso for the Umami, Wizard Hot Sauce (Sweet and Vinegary) and Pico Pica Hot Sauce (Bold, rich and Hot! 🔥)

View attachment 57141

(too much smoke outside to grill due to fires)-
I see a painful irony in this...
But anything with Miso or Soy usually turns out great!

I see a painful irony in this...
But anything with Miso or Soy usually turns out great!
Tasted great, the Skirt was a little chewy, so next time I think I'll take a tenderizing mallet to it first, but yeah 😋
Got the Iron Griddle super hot and cooked 3-4 minutes per side; ate with seasoned rice and browned butter sugar snap peas.

Last edited:

View attachment 57141

Geez, Pupster...Had I found out about your barbecue sooner I would have shown up with my contribution...

pepcid.jpg

Tasted great, the Skirt was a little chewy, so next time I think I'll take a tenderizing mallet to it first, but yeah 😋
Got the Iron Griddle super hot and cooked 3-4 minutes per side; ate with seasoned rice and browned butter sugar snap peas.

I am curious about the Wizard's Hot Stuff sauce. I'm always ready to try something spicy & it's rare you can find BBQ/hot sauce with out tons of sugar or fructose in it. I see it is easy to find in my area so I'll give it a try. Did you listen to Thomas Dolby while preparing the meal?

My favorite spicy is wasabi. But that only goes with so few things.

I am curious about the Wizard's Hot Stuff sauce. I'm always ready to try something spicy & it's rare you can find BBQ/hot sauce with out tons of sugar or fructose in it. I see it is easy to find in my area so I'll give it a try. Did you listen to Thomas Dolby while preparing the meal?

My favorite spicy is wasabi. But that only goes with so few things.
I think it’s a pretty wussy Hot Sauce, it’s a very thin and vinegary sauce with a touch of sweetness. A nephew gave it too us to try, and we liked it. But I can’t find it out here in my stores, so I had to order directly from the company. I don’t actually try tons of hot sauces, but I do think this is slightly sweet.
Next time on the TD!

Last edited:
For the 1st time my wife & I will be enjoying Thanksgiving alone, that is, just the two of us. Usually it's a good family get together of 6 adults & 4 kids. Thanksgiving is usually at one of my daughters house where there husbands are in charge of cooking the meat.

My son-in-laws are excellent grillers & smoker but the last few years they've developed an obsession for the perfect deep fried turkey. It's turned out pretty much anything but perfect with an "adverse event" each time.

Last year some kinda (broken) safety feature kept turning the flame off after ~10 mins. So my son-in-laws & I sat around the propane camp fire sipping beers & taking turns lighting the fire.

There was another year where it appeared to be cooked to perfection but was raw on the inside. Microwave saved the day & it still tasted good.

The 1st attempt was also the 1st time Brandon did his best to follow the cooking "by the book". Looking back I think he had a bad thermometer stuck at whatever he thought should be the right temp. It's the only time I've been able to document the tragedy inflicted on this poor bird:
BLACK TURKEY.jpg

This year our entire meal comes from a our favorite grocery store fully cooked, just heat up.

Last edited:
For the 1st time my wife & I will be enjoying Thanksgiving alone, that is, just the two of use. Usually it's a good family get together of 6 adults & 4 kids. Thanksgiving is usually at one of my daughters house where there husbands are in charge of cooking the meat.

My son-in-laws are excellent grillers & smoker but the last few years they've developed an obsession for the perfect deep fried turkey. It's turned out pretty much anything but perfect with an "adverse event" each time.

Last year some kinda (broken) safety feature kept turning the flame off after ~10 mins. So my son-in-laws & I sat around the propane camp fire sipping beers & taking turns lighting the fire.

There was another year where it appeared to be cooked to perfection but was raw on the inside. Microwave saved the day & it still tasted good.

The 1st attempt was also the 1st time Brandon did his best to follow the cooking "by the book". Looking back I think he had a bad thermometer stuck at whatever he thought should be the right temp. It's the only time I've been able to document the tragedy inflicted on this poor bird:
View attachment 59697

This year our entire meal comes from a our favorite grocery store fully cooked, just heat up.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm sorry man, but that's one fried bird 🦃

For the 1st time my wife & I will be enjoying Thanksgiving alone, that is, just the two of use. Usually it's a good family get together of 6 adults & 4 kids. Thanksgiving is usually at one of my daughters house where there husbands are in charge of cooking the meat.

View attachment 59697

wow...looks like it was cooked at chernobyl🥶

I want to set up four grills, stand in the middle of them, and cook completely different things on each...Such as brisket on the LF grill, vegetables on the RF grill, chicken on the LR grill and pork ribs on the RR grill. They have to all be different things so as to keep what's coming off of each grill fully discrete.

Great idea for a new thread, Gene. For whatever reason, I have confidence in what the people on this forum have to offer.

the Rick Wakeman of grilling

Back