Transatlantic "The Absolute Universe" (5.1 blu-ray Feb 5, 2021) (Marillion side project)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This upcoming release was being mentioned in the Marillion "Friends from the Orchestra" thread and it's now been made available to pre-order...Feb 5, 2021 release. A few other formats available - vinyl, cd, vinyl/cd box but I suspect most will go for the single blu-ray to get the surround mix:
The Absolute Universe

This is the Blu-Ray version of the new Transatlantic album, The Absolute Universe.

The album is presented in 5.1 surround sound and includes a bonus documentary on the making of the album.

As Pete Trewavas explains, "On this album we have done something unique and created two versions of the record: These are essentially like twins, as spread throughout both, there are different sections of music unique to each version. We also have different lyrics on some songs and have swapped lead vocals duties here and there. So you get two different experiences depending on which you listen to. We did write some new music for the single CD, what's more, there are also differences in the instruments used on some of the tracks across the two records."

I'm not familiar with this side project at all - I'm still delving into the Marillion and Fish catalogue. I guess I'll check this one out for the surround as it's not a big investment.

2328f.jpg

Dont check them out for the surround quality, better to check them out for the musicianship.
I'll sample some of their stuff and decide....no doubts about the quality of the musicianship but the music has to interest me as well. That said, I am intrigued by the "concept" of this set, the different takes on the songs.

Back