Dolby Atmos Music on Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the follow-up album to Dear Future Self be a reply FROM his Future Self?

I ran across these lyrics as a work in progress.....

Dear Past Self, I'm writing this to tell you that you were full of it! We are not OK and now that I think about it, you couldn't possibly know how we are in the future! I realize without time travel, you'll never get this message, but I'm hopeful for that because I would like to tell you... I'd just like to say that you were a total smeg head!

Dear Past Self, I'm telling you that eating Wheaties did not make us a world class athlete so you might as well enjoy some Captain Crunch!

Dear Past Self, why didn't you study harder and get a better job? And for god's sake, wear a rain coat when you go out with that lady of the night!!! I swear some days I think it still burns!

Dear Past Self, I'm telling you this, that we're just not alright! We went through the wind screen because you refused to wear a seat belt and for some odd reason thought a pile of leaves on the road was a chicken and you swerved to avoid it and hit a flipping tree! Who cares about a flipping chicken anyway!?

Dear Past Self, tofu is not a proper substitute for meat! I'm writing you this so you don't let that old bird turn you into a vegan! We have a heart attack at 42 anyway so you might as well enjoy some proper barbecue!

Hmmm, I think the lyrics still need some work....

FYI - The Schiller Morgenstund CD/Blu-Ray atmos release is listed for $12.99 on Amazon US site. But for just $3.00 more you can get the 2CD/2Blu-Ray limited edition, which I just ordered! After listening to it on Spotify I decided that even though the music is a bit more chill than I prefer, there's definitely enough going on to keep my interest, especially in an atmos mix. I haven't been able to find any detailed reviews of Morgenstund (let alone the atmos mix) but for the price I thought it was worth a gamble.

FYI - The Schiller Morgenstund CD/Blu-Ray atmos release is listed for $12.99 on Amazon US site. But for just $3.00 more you can get the 2CD/2Blu-Ray limited edition, which I just ordered! After listening to it on Spotify I decided that even though the music is a bit more chill than I prefer, there's definitely enough going on to keep my interest, especially in an atmos mix. I haven't been able to find any detailed reviews of Morgenstund (let alone the atmos mix) but for the price I thought it was worth a gamble.

Can you provide the link? I'm having trouble finding it. I'm probably not asking the right question.

Hmmm, I was thinking that sounded like a good price and maybe I paid too much from Amazon UK until I checked my order and saw it was only £8.58 so I guess I'm OK. Dear Past Self, the deal you bought was a bit of alright!

So, the Kraftwerk "3D" album they sent me is a Compact Disc. No Blu-Ray. No Atmos. Nothing "3D" about it. I guess the description wasn't clear at all.

The problem is on Amazon so so many Music Blu-Ray albums are listed under "CD" but include a Blu-Ray or DVD with them. The Schiller album is like that (1st disc = CD 2nd disc = Blu-Ray). Yeah, the Blu-Ray version is $37 + shipping to US (>$40). They can keep it. No music album is worth that much.

So, the Kraftwerk "3D" album they sent me is a Compact Disc. No Blu-Ray. No Atmos. Nothing "3D" about it. I guess the description wasn't clear at all.

The problem is on Amazon so so many Music Blu-Ray albums are listed under "CD" but include a Blu-Ray or DVD with them. The Schiller album is like that (1st disc = CD 2nd disc = Blu-Ray). Yeah, the Blu-Ray version is $37 + shipping to US (>$40). They can keep it. No music album is worth that much.
What’s wrong with paying $40 for the 2 Disc set with Blu Ray? You want the Deluxe edition with 4 discs? Know what that will cost you? Any idea? Over $200 in most cases....quit being so stingy!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

SID = Sound Interface Device (integrated circuit) used on the C64.
C64 = Commodore 64.

@MagnumX is comparing Kraftwerk's music to the Commodore 64's video gaming music. Made me LOL.

That's exactly what a few tracks reminded me of (that and Amiga music demos [typically "MOD" files; I remember a great one from Dr. Awesome & Fleshbrain that looked like a boom box. Fleshbrain's "Kilimanjaro" was great. I kept the demo for an Amiga emulator even). Thus, I'm not saying they were necessarily bad (although kind of dated/old sounding by today's standards). Most of us enjoyed them back in the day. But then a lot of '80s stuff sounds like the era (analog and early FM synths, etc.)

Last edited:
I did post this NEW release [on another thread] from UMG featuring the Pop/Electronica duo YELLO

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=14594#resolutions

61oZXLWLAwL._SL1200_.jpg

But to be clear, no-one has found where we can actually BUY this?

Again, DECEMBER 11th, 2020 is the release date according to the official YELLO web site (2 more days as of this writing). I doubt anyone is selling it before then.

I did just get my Booka Shade Galvany Street Atmos edition in today, though.... :D

Back