Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New single also available in Atmos on Tidal (will listen later today)

Do you have the link handy, @César? (One of my many gripes with Tidal is that Atmos tracks only show up if you're searching from an Atmos-capable device. But I do all my searching on a computer, not on the Fire Stick--because...keyboard.)

Do you have the link handy, @César? (One of my many gripes with Tidal is that Atmos tracks only show up if you're searching from an Atmos-capable device. But I do all my searching on a computer, not on the Fire Stick--because...keyboard.)
Sure, here it is: Steven Wilson - 12 THINGS I FORGOT

I used my phone to look for the track (non Atmos capable). Just went to Steven Wilson and I was able to see both the Atmos and regular mixes.

This is the most "normal" single so far. Acoustic guitar, piano and backing vocals ala Pink Floyd style. Just an average song, from my point of view, but most likely I am biased after having been surprised by the previous singles. Atmos mix is also average (I mean, it's as good as the previous ones, but no elements of surprise).

Not sure how I missed the posts here for these 2 youtube( Significant Other and Drown with Me) versions by SW as for some reason I just got them on my twitter feed for Steven Wilson today but I have been more spotty in surfing net this week.

Man, I really like these 2 that SW did. Put a big smile on my face today. I haven't checked out Collapse the Light yet.

Does anyone know what's happening with them, are they showing up on the deluxe version of his next album or are they just a couple of gift's that SW did for us fans like some other artist's have been doing as well since stuck at home Covid time period?

peter

I just watched the Drown With Me video!

It's great!!! Really inspiring to see Steven perform this song in this way.

By the way, notice the Genelec's hanging from the ceiling. Those things are heavy! Surely they must be pretty capable Atmos top speakers ;)

Really like 12 Things, both versions....just a well written track. Definitely has a "Blackfield" feel to it and it would have brought that new album up a notch or two if he had of placed it there.

Would love to see these :"Future Bites Sessions" get compiled and released....if his contract allows it it'd be perfect for his own "Headphone Dust" label like he did with the cover versions tracks.

Revised UK/Europe tour dates just announced for next September/October:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/tour-dates/
I had a ticket for the cancelled September 2020 London gig, which was going to be at the O2, and the London venue in these new dates is at the good old Hammersmith Odeon. So definitely a downgrade in terms of size and capacity, but (for me) a much nicer venue.

Revised UK/Europe tour dates just announced for next September/October:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/tour-dates/
I had a ticket for the cancelled September 2020 London gig, which was going to be at the O2, and the London venue in these new dates is at the good old Hammersmith Odeon. So definitely a downgrade in terms of size and capacity, but (for me) a much nicer venue.
He's playing again in a small, non-seated venue in Madrid. I can't forecast how situation will be in 10 months from now, but I honestly don't think it's the safest choice.

I guess he put out "The B-Sides Collection" today. It has the two songs that were on the Eminent Sleaze 12" that were not supposed to be available anywhere else... Not sure where the other two are from.

I guess he put out "The B-Sides Collection" today. It has the two songs that were on the Eminent Sleaze 12" that were not supposed to be available anywhere else... Not sure where the other two are from.

The other 2 are the B-sides for 12 things I forgot. I also remember reading somewhere that the B-sides were exclusive to the singles and were not going to be released. I guessed this was not true, but I wasn't expecting them to be released soooo soon.

He's playing again in a small, non-seated venue in Madrid. I can't forecast how situation will be in 10 months from now, but I honestly don't think it's the safest choice.
I saw him sitting in the front row on the previous tour at the wizink center and it was a very cold concert. In Spain it does not have as many followers as for such a large site.
Let's see how we are for that date, but in principle I like the site more.

Back