Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw him sitting in the front row on the previous tour at the wizink center and it was a very cold concert. In Spain it does not have as many followers as for such a large site.
Let's see how we are for that date, but in principle I like the site more.
I tend to agree with you, but La Riviera has got shitty acoustics. And Steven lately raises the volume too much to my liking. Last time I saw him for HCE tour over there, sound was a bit of a mess.
I may be getting old, but I lately favor sitting shows over stand up. Audiences are usually a bit more polite and my last experiences have been quite bad: the quarrels at Roger's show, then the guys farting at Marillion's. Plus my back hurts like hell after couple of hours standing up!

I tend to agree with you, but La Riviera has got shitty acoustics. And Steven lately raises the volume too much to my liking. Last time I saw him for HCE tour over there, sound was a bit of a mess.
I may be getting old, but I lately favor sitting shows over stand up. Audiences are usually a bit more polite and my last experiences have been quite bad: the quarrels at Roger's show, then the guys farting at Marillion's. Plus my back hurts like hell after couple of hours standing up!
I o k

I've only been in La Rivera once. I saw OMD last year and the acoustics were not bad. knowing what wilson cares about the sound will make it sound good for sure. I agree with you that, at 47, I prefer to watch concerts sitting down.

Revised UK/Europe tour dates just announced for next September/October:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/tour-dates/
I had a ticket for the cancelled September 2020 London gig, which was going to be at the O2, and the London venue in these new dates is at the good old Hammersmith Odeon. So definitely a downgrade in terms of size and capacity, but (for me) a much nicer venue.
Presales start on Wednesday, of the new dates Cardiff is the easiest for me, and I wasn't going to go to any of the original dates as they were all going to end up as an overnight stay, so 2 days for a few hours.

Presales start on Wednesday, of the new dates Cardiff is the easiest for me, and I wasn't going to go to any of the original dates as they were all going to end up as an overnight stay, so 2 days for a few hours.

I've never attended a Steve Wilson LIVE concert but heard they've become ear~splittingly LOUD. At least when you get the BD~V, Dunc, you'll be able to control the volume.

Wilson release new The Future Bites related music. The B-Sides collection is now available for digital download. Four new songs.
1. Eyewitness
2. In Floral Green
3. Move Like a Fever May be too soon for this one
4. King Ghost (Tangerine Dream Mix)

The first two are the b-sides for Eminent Sleaze the other two the b-sides for 12 Things I Forgot. I for one am thrilled he’s released these songs. After dropping $100+ last April for an album that’s not being released until January, I wasn’t going to pay the single price for those two songs.

Last edited:
Uhmm, you know this song won't be on the record, don't you? It belongs to one of the first Porcupine Tree albums and will be played on this tour

Ehm... no, didn't know that but I would have ordered it anyway to be honest, just to support him for all the great stuff he has done for our cause :cool:

Uhmm, you know this song won't be on the record, don't you? It belongs to one of the first Porcupine Tree albums and will be played on this tour
This is a PT album, re-issued in 2004, and one worth owning. Wasn't aware he was including some of it in his new set.

This is a PT album, re-issued in 2004, and one worth owning. Wasn't aware he was including some of it in his new set.
I am looking forward to the show when it crosses the pond. It will be great to hear a thorough mix of PT and SW. I’m personally hoping for a 3-4 hour Springsteen type show.

He already plays 2.5 hours of mainly solo material. if he and the bad are up to it, they could easily do an incredible 200 minute show.

I am looking forward to the show when it crosses the pond. It will be great to hear a thorough mix of PT and SW. I’m personally hoping for a 3-4 hour Springsteen type show.

He already plays 2.5 hours of mainly solo material. if he and the band are up to it, they could easily do an incredible 200 minute show.
I'd like a solo set followed by a PT revisited set.

I'd like a Porcupine Tree show played by Porcupine Tree. But it seems like wishful thinking, especially considering the musical direction the new album seems to be going.

If I do get tickets for the Cardiff gig I'm taking earplugs!

I bring earplugs to every gig these days. If the show is loud I put them in and in those cases, I find the show to sound better with earplugs in.

I wish I could heed my future advice. As a result of my 20something-year-old exploits, I now have some pretty good tendonitis in my 50's.

Sounds interesting, but I’d prefer the revisited PT songs be mixed with the solo material. A single show with the songs that were rethought paired with the solo songs they now resemble.

I was sort of kidding - I suggested it because that's the way Steve Hackett typically organizes his concerts. He often has different personnel for the solo and Genesis sets. I could easily see Wilson starting with an electronic set with just himself and maybe a bass player and keyboard/synthesizer guy. "Voyage 34" would fit in there along with the better part of The Future Bites. Then a second set with a full band.

Back