New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you give us some information on the switchbox you're using?
This is the one ive been using.
my EAR 834p goes to it, as well as the output from my OPPO. The output of the box goes IN to the SM. the out of the sm goes to my amps. So no matter which function i use be it phono or cd, the sub out of the sm powers my sub which i like since the oppo UDP 205 is also my streamer, and also handles my network media, i have all my 2 channel music with 2 sets of inputs. Phono, SACD, FLAC, 3TB of high res off my hard drive ect.
my OPPO will also play my Quad q8 discs that have been converted to dvd Audio. But, doubt i will utilize them on this one.
I may look to a higher quality switcher however, but this has been a good start.
20201213_001934.jpg

Doesn't that convert HDMI to analog not analog to HDMI?
Yup. Many newer recievers have 2 ch analog out and some have 2 ch analog in. Most do not have 6 ch analog in & there's the rub. Mr Chucky keeps being focused on getting HDMI into stereo to feed the SM. But the real hitch is getting the 4.1/5.1 analog output into HDMI. I've dug deep & have not found anything that converts analog mch to HDMI mch. If anyone runs across it please post.

Yup. Many newer recievers have 2 ch analog out and some have 2 ch analog in. Most do not have 6 ch analog in & there's the rub. Mr Chucky keeps being focused on getting HDMI into stereo to feed the SM. But the real hitch is getting the 4.1/5.1 analog output into HDMI. I've dug deep & have not found anything that converts analog mch to HDMI mch. If anyone runs across it please post.
Just stick to vintage equipment!

This talk about a see through case for the SM reminds me of when I saw a Sony STR-7065 receiver made completely out of crystal and illuminated by strong light(maybe laser). What was really beautiful was the knobs, exactly like the original Sony knobs(grip looks like shiny angled mirrors), except made of solid cut crystal and scattering light everywhere as they are turned, very modern/futuristic looking. It was on my desk in a dream.

I don't know how well it would turn out in the real world but see through knobs to match the see through case(which would be scattering light from the LEDs or just backlit) would be interesting to me because its literally like exactly what I saw in my dream almost 4 years ago!

Last edited:
This talk about a see through case for the SM reminds me of when I saw a Sony STR-7065 receiver made completely out of crystal and illuminated by strong light(maybe laser). What was really beautiful was the knobs, exactly like the original Sony knobs(grip looks like shiny angled mirrors), except made of solid cut crystal and scattering light everywhere as they are turned, very modern/futuristic looking. It was on my desk in a dream.

I don't know how well it would turn out in the real world but see through knobs to match the see through case(which would be scattering light from the LEDs or just backlit) would be interesting to me because its literally like exactly what I saw in my dream almost 4 years ago!
Hmm, not sure, maybe a little too much bling for me... I’m thinking more of a Steampunk look

1608046331190.jpeg

Thanks folks for the recommendation on this unit.
Ive gone from the early version SM to this one and no regrets.
I see comments throughout the thread on constructive insights as to future model alterations, and it reads as though someone here may well be part of the SM team or something is that right?
Given my being green to the sceen shall i maintain silence in this regard?
Back to listening.. time to try some phono, then hook in the 4400.

Attachments

• 20201224_211648.jpg
    20201224_211648.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 108
Thanks folks for the recommendation on this unit.
Ive gone from the early version SM to this one and no regrets.
I see comments throughout the thread on constructive insights as to future model alterations, and it reads as though someone here may well be part of the SM team or something is that right?
Given my being green to the sceen shall i maintain silence in this regard?
Back to listening.. time to try some phono, then hook in the 4400.
You are right Dave the Bitch (Overture) and I designed the blue eyed monster

Back