D-V: nothing more after August 2020?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, y'all, I took one for the team ;) . I finally pulled the trigger on Donald Byrd: Street Lady, Casablanca, Stravinsky: The Fire Bird/Rite of Spring, and an old one - Zukerman: Vivaldi: The Four Seasons. Based on reviews of Ormandy Conducts Also Sprach/Virgil Fox I added that, and to abide by GOS's Law, I had to add a six disc and did so with Citizen Kane, based on reviews again.

I'm off the hook now, and got some discs I wanted, and others I didn't know I wanted!
I don’t have any of these. Perhaps I should take one for the team too!

I don’t have any of these. Perhaps I should take one for the team too!

Since I have about 99.9% of all Dutton Vocalion and Dutton Epoch multichannel and stereo SACDS, I can say with utter confidence that they represent one of the very best values in Surround music on the planet today and Michael's QUALITY CONTROL is without equal.

And since this pandemic, I even find myself playing some of those exquisite Easy Listening titles which D~V has released to satisfy their base but which create
better than expected background music as a lot of us have been relegated to working at home.

IMO, there is something for everyone except perhaps the Heavy Metal or Punk Rocker enthusiasts but even their classical releases are top shelf, melodic and definitely worth exploring even if you are adverse to classical music in general.

And literally, for the price of one of those bombastic box sets which a lot of us purchase JUST FOR THE 5.1 remix, and sometimes in LOSSY codecs, one could buy over a dozen albums in LOSSLESS resolutions as part of D~V's generous two~fer reissues.

So do take the plunge and support D~V's efforts as there are more coming from the Wizard of Watford and his trusty elves as doubtful NO OTHER REISSUE COMPANY could ever fill in the gap for such fantastic quality SURROUND reissues at such bargain basement prices as D~V has been releasing over the past few years!

And lest we forget, these are all LIMITED EDITIONS and will not be in print forever .... so the longer you hesitate, the chances of getting these discs diminishes with each passing day and the same holds true for those Japanese SACD stereo/multichannel releases as well!

Last edited:
And lest we forget, these are all LIMITED EDITIONS and will not be in print forever .... so the longer you hesitate, the chances of getting these discs diminishes with each passing day and the same holds true for those Japanese SACD stereo/multichannel releases as well!

"BUY NOW OR REPENT LATER"

nice message to their customers on DV's site.. 🎅🏻🎄🍻

D53D72F7-DCC9-4169-837E-BD8F848164B2.jpeg

Back