TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got HBO Max for free for two years when we switched from Internet and TV over cable to AT&T TV and Internet. We've enjoyed some of the original programming on HBO Max, especially Raised by Wolves. Additionally, movies like the new Dune and Wonder Woman 1984 will be available in 4K and Atmos on the service. We've been Netflix and Amazon Prime subscribers for a while, and we're generally pleased with their offerings. We add CBS All Access when Star Trek Discovery is on, as now, and now I see it will be showing a new version of The Stand, which interests me. We recently added Hulu for $1.99 a month for 12 months, primarily to watch this silly Canadian show I became aware of called Letterkenny. It turns out that we really like some of their original programming, but the Basic package has annoying commercials, and their 4K has no HDR.

We're not interested in Disney Plus. I might like The Mandalorian, but I always liked Star Trek more than Star Wars. We're also not interested in any of the music streaming services. I have so much multichannel and stereo music, and I prefer to listen to albums, rather than shuffling or playlists, or algorithms, for that matter.

We got HBO Max for free for two years when we switched from Internet and TV over cable to AT&T TV and Internet. We've enjoyed some of the original programming on HBO Max, especially Raised by Wolves. Additionally, movies like the new Dune and Wonder Woman 1984 will be available in 4K and Atmos on the service. We've been Netflix and Amazon Prime subscribers for a while, and we're generally pleased with their offerings. We add CBS All Access when Star Trek Discovery is on, as now, and now I see it will be showing a new version of The Stand, which interests me. We recently added Hulu for $1.99 a month for 12 months, primarily to watch this silly Canadian show I became aware of called Letterkenny. It turns out that we really like some of their original programming, but the Basic package has annoying commercials, and their 4K has no HDR.

We're not interested in Disney Plus. I might like The Mandalorian, but I always liked Star Trek more than Star Wars. We're also not interested in any of the music streaming services. I have so much multichannel and stereo music, and I prefer to listen to albums, rather than shuffling or playlists, or algorithms, for that matter.
So are getting your AT&T over U-verse? I'm considering HBO Max now that they'll be carrying some new movies come next year that typically would be released first in the Theaters. I believe we have a U450 plan and should be able to get HBO Max, but I didn't see it last night in the Channel Guide. So maybe I have to call them and get it added, just not sure?

The lackluster surround on the show is disappointing, but the last couple of shows have been great! I believe they could enhance the atmosphere and action considerably with a more aggressive surround mix.

For lackluster 5.1 shows/movies I frequently take the 2 ch stereo output & feed to the Surround Master. Frequently it is a big improvement. Now on well done aggressive 5.1 not so much. Have you/can you try this yet?

So are getting your AT&T over U-verse? I'm considering HBO Max now that they'll be carrying some new movies come next year that typically would be released first in the Theaters. I believe we have a U450 plan and should be able to get HBO Max, but I didn't see it last night in the Channel Guide. So maybe I have to call them and get it added, just not sure?
No, it's called AT&T TV. It's essentially a streaming service with an interface that mimics the cable and satellite services I've had before. It includes a cloud dvr rather than a hard drive, so the unit is about the size of a double CD case. It includes live programming, but it runs about a minute behind because it's streaming. I got it together with their 1GB Internet service, which I've really been pleased with as well.

We had U-verse for a while a few years ago, and we didn't care for it. At the time, there were a lot of factors that affected the picture and sound quality, and it just didn't work for us.

For lackluster 5.1 shows/movies I frequently take the 2 ch stereo output & feed to the Surround Master. Frequently it is a big improvement. Now on well done aggressive 5.1 not so much. Have you/can you try this yet?
No not set up for that! Also, just logged into my AT&T service online and was able to sign up for HBO Max; so I'll see if it shows up on my U-verse service now. With my U450 plan it's supposed to be free.

The Mandalorian (Disney +) ended with a bang this year (Loved it)... May the Force be with you!

TM.jpg

As to Wonder Woman 1984 (HBOMAX)... thought it was a total mess (with a sort of Mandalorian connection)...

WW84.jpg

and to SOUL (Disney +) thought it was pretty good (loved the music- Herbie Hancock consulted on) but didn't care for the cartoonish "Great Before". Would have preferred a mix of real and cartoon similar to "The Mask"

SOUL.jpg

I switched to Sky Q and so can now stream the Mandalorian in UHD, really liking it. Had some interesting chats with my 9 year old nephew over Xmas, he has a lot of the Mandalorian figures and is as much of a Star Wars nut as I am!

I cannot watch any violence and hate science fiction, don't like drama, so that eliminates 90 percent of tv watching for me.
I've got a friend who has similar sensibilities. He likes to surf the Hallmark movie channel and watch the last ten minutes of the film, so all he sees is happy endings.

I can't believe that both his wife and mine are hooked on true crime and police procedurals respectively.

It seems every time I walk through the room, if I glance at the screen there will be a corpse bleeding out on the street, laid out on a slab, or freshly discovered in a crime scene. :eek:🤢

Back