The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh yes but President Trump was. And I think that's what esimms86 was picking up on. The Pres's tweet offered congratulations & mentined the KC Chiefs & "the great state of Kansas." Former MO Gov Claire McCaskill was the 1st to reply with, ahem, a correction. The original tweet was quickly changed.

Edit: And it is confusing. We have the big one Kansas City MO, then Kansas City KS, and north of the river is North Kansas City MO. Yes each one is their own municipality with individual mayors, etc. I don't live in any of those but of I said I live in the suburb of Roeland Park KS that doesn't do any good. So I alweays say I just live in the "Kansas City area".
And they all have crazy little women and I'm gonna get me one.

Well from a very much 49er fan, season ticket holder, since 1979, I hated my team to be on the losing end and still cant figure out with a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter why we completely blew it and fell apart with only 7 minutes left in the game.
That said, congratulations to the Chiefs, and there fans.
SF coach Kyle Shanahan has a record of stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. You'll recall that, as offensive coordinator, he chose to pass the pass instead of run when the Atlanta Falcons had a 28-3 lead over New England. Shanahan's poor clock management and nonaggressiveness at the end of the first half didn't help. That said, SF had their chances. The Kittle push off and the Jimmy G deep pass overthrow were pivotal in giving KC a path to victory. At the end of the day, however, Mahomes and the KC defense rose to meet the challenge. And every Super Bowl has to end with one otherwise deserving team losing.

that's quite a prediction for any team, let alone, Da Bills

usatsi_9248784.jpg

2_92610.jpg
I didn't say they were gonna win it all, I just said watch out for them. There is a good chance they can wrestle that division crown from a declining Patriots team, then... who knows.

Haha... Yesterday I watched the Disney World Parade live on the Disney blog. They honored Mahomes & he was in the procession. Repeatedly one of the female announcer/host kept calling him Mahomees, as in long "E".
It’s part of the Disney marketing plan whereby they make a video of the sports championship team’s MVP(baseball, football, etc.) answering the question, “You’ve won the Super Bowl, so what are you going to do now?”

“Go to Disney World!”

Haha... Yesterday I watched the Disney World Parade live on the Disney blog. They honored Mahomes & he was in the procession. Repeatedly one of the female announcer/host kept calling him Mahomees, as in long "E".
:ROFLMAO:

Heck of a game. That game was way closer than I expected, esp with Mahomes out with the concussion.
While Chad Henne, Tyreek Hill and Andy Reid most definitely did their part to earn the win, I can’t let go of the Refs missing the helmet to helmet call on the touchback.

As a retired MD, I find it hard to reconcile the fact that the minimum amount of time that the NFL requires you to miss with a concussion is 24 hours. While I look forward to seeing Mahomes play against the Bills next week(and there’s no way that he won’t), I have to line that up against Patrick clearly not knowing what universe he was in after the (obvious and legal)head injury.

Yet another championship game with that guy named Brady at QB. His play wasn't all that exceptional yesterday...except when his defense gave him the opportunities. The competition cannot give that guy an inch or he becomes deadly. I swear that whatever magic he has rubs off on his teammates just by him showing up for a game and taking a shower.

Yes they do. But the problem with playing the Chiefs is that Mahomes can nap for three quarters and then score a boatload of points in the fourth...like what he did to the Pats, Titans and Niners in various playoff games.
That is true... but to a large extent, that also describes Josh Allen as well this year. Mahomes left the Browns game with a concussion. I think he probably will play next week, but he may not. And even if he does... its a week with no practice for him. Another small Bills advantage. Go Bills!

Back