Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking Sides
1611081074779.png
Anthony Phillips SIDES

REVIEW THREAD

ISANG YUN: [SACD 1] SUNRISE FALLING [SACD 2] DREAM FOR KOREA; Dennis Russell Davies conducting the 128 piece Bruckner Orchestra Linz [Pentatone/2 multi~CH SACDs/5.0] Both discs come in a clamshell box with 50 page glossy booklet. Sound is SPECTACULAR!

91VZp43mFeL._SL1500_.jpg

81pM6fZLKLL._SL1500_.jpg
4-ear, you appear to really enjoy your classical music titles. I only have a few classical surround titles but never seem to play them, mainly because of the wide dynamics involved. If I crank the low volume sections, my speakers burp their woofers when the loud sections arrive. If I set the volume for the loud sections, then the low volume sections are barely discernible. That said, classical music has never been my cup of tea. Oh well.

4-ear, you appear to really enjoy your classical music titles. I only have a few classical surround titles but never seem to play them, mainly because of the wide dynamics involved. If I crank the low volume sections, my speakers burp their woofers when the loud sections arrive. If I set the volume for the loud sections, then the low volume sections are barely discernible. That said, classical music has never been my cup of tea. Oh well.
I've got a crap ton of classical. (OK, maybe 25-30 titles, lmao) And......here it comes. I don't listen to any of it. I want to like it...it just doesn't happen.

I've got a crap ton of classical. (OK, maybe 25-30 titles, lmao) And......here it comes. I don't listen to any of it. I want to like it...it just doesn't happen.

Yes, to both of you: I do LOVE my classical music because it really does tax one's audio system. And the nice thing about 99% of Classical and Jazz...the albums are UNCOMPRESSED unlike a LOT of POP/ROCK recordings.

And although I especially like WELL DONE DISCRETE Surround [WHO DOESN'T?, I am also NOT opposed to Ambient Surround especially when the album is well recorded [FACE IT: MOST DVD/BD~V concerts are ambient]. My rationale, you're getting a HI RES transfer which IMO, sounds better than MOST of those download sites and those with Surround Masters [I'm awaiting the SM V3 version] at least have a bona fide hi res source to decode.

. . . Hey you, you've survived.
Now you've arrived,
To be reborn in the shadow of the magpie.
Now you realize, that you've got to get out of here.
You've found the leading light of destiny,
Burning in the ashes of your memory.
You want to change the world.
You'd resigned yourself to die a broken rebel,
But that was looking backward.

Now you've found the light. . . .
1611110648726.png
Marillion Misplaced Childhood

POLL

Back