Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultravox ‎– Vienna
DTS 5.1 Steven Wilson mix

"It is a wonder to hear each synth part distinctly. Midge's voice sounds fantastic.
Mr. Wilson does a fantastic job of spreading out the layers of the synths, string, percussion, bass, & guitars around the room with discrete flourishes.
It really does feel like a fun ‘70s quad mix at times. Overall, it’s engaging, clever, full of interesting surprises, and the instrument balances are spot-on: nothing sounded buried or overexposed to my ears"

81jIb6yL20L._SL1500_.jpg

· Bette Midler · The Divine Miss M ·

View attachment 61988
About as much heavy reverb on this IMO as there is blusher on her likeness; makes me blush with disappointment and no likie so much. At least she can wash the blush off - don’t shoot me I’m only the make-up guy!

About as much heavy reverb on this IMO as there is blusher on her likeness; makes me blush with disappointment and no likie so much. At least she can wash the blush off - don’t shoot me I’m only the make-up guy!

i've wondered if it was maybe a conscious thing since these early WEA mixes were destined for CD-4 and the CD-4 system was said to handle reverb well (arguably better than the matrix systems!?) and several of Tom Dowd's Quad mixes have a fair bit of reverb going on in them (Donny Hathaway is another)... still i love these old Quads, reverb and all! why do it dry when you can get all lovely and wet with Bette! 🥰💦😋

Many's the time I've been mistaken
And many times confused
Yes, and I've often felt forsaken
And certainly misused
Oh, but I'm alright, I'm alright
I'm just weary to my bones
Still, you don't expect to be bright and bon vivant
So far away from home, so far away from home . . .

1611163315397.png
Paul Simon There Goes Rhymin' Simon

POLL

Back