Is there an easy way to sync up multitrack files?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I've downloaded a couple multitrack sets for songs, but the files are all different lengths and wholly out of sync. Is there an easy way to lock them back in time?
I've only got the very outdated Adobe Audition 1.5

I've downloaded a couple multitrack sets for songs, but the files are all different lengths and wholly out of sync. Is there an easy way to lock them back in time?
Why are they out of sync. (just stop and start times or resolution etc.?) and would you like AA3.0.1?

Start and stop times. Like somebody ahead of me decided to trim the silence off the beginnings of the tracks, not thinking that later on, those would be quit necessary for keeping things in time. I have attempted to sync things manually with some degree of success..... but it's not perfect and with 16 and 24 track songs..... the task is a bit daunting.

Is Audition 3.0.1 better?

Easy? Nope.

Listen and rough spot by ear first.

You can look for bleed that might be common between some tracks and provide a reference.
If there isn't any direct common audio elements to reference between tracks at all, you're left to lining up by ear. Of course there may be other clues. Maybe some tracks with common start or end of file points.

I've done some of this kind of stuff before. It's like putting a puzzle together. And like one of those puzzles that's half blue sky!

Start and stop times. Like somebody ahead of me decided to trim the silence off the beginnings of the tracks, not thinking that later on, those would be quit necessary for keeping things in time. I have attempted to sync things manually with some degree of success..... but it's not perfect and with 16 and 24 track songs..... the task is a bit daunting.

Is Audition 3.0.1 better?
I'm just assuming that 3.0.1 is better, but honestly couldn't say as that's all I've ever had.

With dissimilar information in each track, it does present a heck of a challenge.
Sounds more like a question for @Sonik Wiz; he uses it more than I do for editing, I mainly use Audacity, sorry man.

and yes @jimfisheye knows this stuff way more than I also; but doing it by ear sounds like a tall task for sure 🧐

Audition 3.0.1 has the Phase Display, which, as long as there is some common audio between channels and no deliberate phasing effect, can help get them lined up spot on.

Back