Playing iso files

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chas9496

I'm kinda new here and did a search and didn't find much to my problem. I'm trying to convert or play iso sacd download files and can't get any music information extracted from the files. I'm talking about dtsmusic.top or creamusic.net download files. These appear to be iso files that need either extracted or converted from rar files to iso and can be saved to a new folder or burned to disc. The problem is that I'm not getting anything converted or extracted to play these but a non-readable file error. DTS mixes play fine after extraction. It's the iso files that aren't. They have 4.0 and stereo mixes in the file. So far I've gotten nothing trying these for 2 days now. I've downloaded a few programs like isoimage burner and Roxio and have Winrar downloaded on my PC. This has been very frustrating that I can't get these files to work correctly so they can be played. YouTube video tutorials don't even help. Sorry if I'm confusing anyone or have this Topic in the incorrect Forum. I'm not used to the site well, yet. If anyone can help that has knowledge to how these work, please let me know. Thanks !

I'm kinda new here and did a search and didn't find much to my problem. I'm trying to convert or play iso sacd download files and can't get any music information extracted from the files. I'm talking about dtsmusic.top or creamusic.net download files. These appear to be iso files that need either extracted or converted from rar files to iso and can be saved to a new folder or burned to disc. The problem is that I'm not getting anything converted or extracted to play these but a non-readable file error. DTS mixes play fine after extraction. It's the iso files that aren't. They have 4.0 and stereo mixes in the file. So far I've gotten nothing trying these for 2 days now. I've downloaded a few programs like isoimage burner and Roxio and have Winrar downloaded on my PC. This has been very frustrating that I can't get these files to work correctly so they can be played. YouTube video tutorials don't even help. Sorry if I'm confusing anyone or have this Topic in the incorrect Forum. I'm not used to the site well, yet. If anyone can help that has knowledge to how these work, please let me know. Thanks !
Chas9496, thanks for reaching out and trying, ripping can be sometimes easy and sometimes very hard and asking for help is a good thing.
If you follow QQ enough there is certainly no correct answer as you can already tell. It seems there are so many playback ways, different PC's, different software playback.
I believe for playback Kodi, JRiver and Foobar are the big three, but playback is not your problem.
For DTS rip, I use Foobar with the DTS decoder, add on. DTS Decoder Foobar. There are a few DTS rips that are stubborn and help is needed.
When I have had an ISO file, that I wanted to add to my playback system, it was discouraging, until I decided to rip the ISO file to hard disc, than copied off hard disc to my PC and eventually my NAS.
SACD's my only experience is using the Sonore software with OPPO 105. I rip all SACD's to DSF files, never FLAC PCM.
Blu Rays I use MKV for the rip and Music Media Helper for the tag.
Here are some things to read that might help you, stay at it, keep scratching.
Understanding DSD to PCM

Attachments

• Ripping SACDs using an Oppo 103 or 105 (3).pdf
    38 KB · Views: 541
You can use this to convert SACD ISOs to DSF/DFF files and play them. Or you can convert the resulting DSF/DFF files to 24/88.2 FLAC with Foobar.

Foobar and JRiver will also play ISO files directly
Thanks for your reply. I've gotten Foobar to play these with an SACD plug-in but found it takes almost 30 minutes to load an SACD multichannel file. It processes for that long sometimes before the tracks will show. Any other way around this or is this how long this will take ? I also understand that these files are large and may take this much more time than a standard CD file would take. Edit: I'm loading Santana Abraxas SACD file from dtsmusic.top and has been loading for an hour now. I looked up this site and creamusic.net online and it's from The Russian Federation and shows it may be legit or may not. Some state it's a trusted site, some aren't sure how legal it is. My downloads were paid by monthly. Thanks !

Last edited:
I play ISO files with Foobar. Or burn them to disc.
I did try J River but it stops play and states a critical error has occurred and must be closed. It also states in the dialog box to purchase it. Well, I thought it stated it was a trial version. It doesn't even play half the track before popping-up this error message. Thank's !

I did try J River but it stops play and states a critical error has occurred and must be closed. It also states in the dialog box to purchase it. Well, I thought it stated it was a trial version. It doesn't even play half the track before popping-up this error message. Thank's !
I think that is part of the "critical error" or whatever is causing that. I use the trial version all the time over and over when I am testing new equipment. After 30days, the pop-up tells me it over. Something else is amiss in your setup.

Thanks for your reply. I've gotten Foobar to play these with an SACD plug-in but found it takes almost 30 minutes to load an SACD multichannel file. It processes for that long sometimes before the tracks will show. Any other way around this or is this how long this will take ?

I'm not sure what, but there is certainly something wrong. I use Kodi, not Foobar, and I don't play ISOs or DSD at all, so its hard for me to advise. I'm sure others will offer some guidance.

Have you tried a different drive?

Thanks for your reply. I've gotten Foobar to play these with an SACD plug-in but found it takes almost 30 minutes to load an SACD multichannel file. It processes for that long sometimes before the tracks will show. Any other way around this or is this how long this will take ? I also understand that these files are large and may take this much more time than a standard CD file would take. Edit: I'm loading Santana Abraxas SACD file from dtsmusic.top and has been loading for an hour now. I looked up this site and creamusic.net online and it's from The Russian Federation and shows it may be legit or may not. Some state it's a trusted site, some aren't sure how legal it is. My downloads were paid by monthly. Thanks !

Something strange is happening to you with foobar and SACD ISO.

I play SACD ISO multichannel with foobar2000/SACD plugin in Windows 10 and it loads and start to play immediately. It takes to load it exactly the same time as when playing a stereo single track file.

How would I play DSF files using my Topping D90 DAC so I can listen to my stereo SACD rips on my headphone system? I have an iMac computer that is not close to my headphone setup.

How would I play DSF files using my Topping D90 DAC so I can listen to my stereo SACD rips on my headphone system? I have an iMac computer that is not close to my headphone setup.
Jriver on the Mac.

If you convert the ISOs to DSF or FLAC, you have other options.
Kal, What are the best programs for going ISO or DSF to FLAC ? Or I should say which one would you recommend? I'm not too computer savvy so don't want an overly complicated one. I stream wirelessly in my house using Bluesound and Node2i's from a hard drive connected to my mac. So I'm good for everything there (except DSF/ISO streaming). So converting to FLAC would be good. Thanks.

Kal, What are the best programs for going ISO or DSF to FLAC ? Or I should say which one would you recommend? I'm not too computer savvy so don't want an overly complicated one. I stream wirelessly in my house using Bluesound and Node2i's from a hard drive connected to my mac. So I'm good for everything there (except DSF/ISO streaming). So converting to FLAC would be good. Thanks.
I cannot help you with this because I do not convert my DSFs to FLAC. If I had to, I would do it in Jriver.

Lately I've went to play an .iso file with Foobar and now it crashes, only trying to play a multichannel file. The Stereo files still play fine. I have no idea what's caused this. I've changed nothing, added or removed any features. It just started doing it. That's a disappointment, because it was working fine before. Somethings happened. I've tried re-installing it with no success.

Back