Jethro Tull - A (A La Mode edition) - Next boxset in 2021

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Steven just posted the following on Facebook:

My stereo and 5.1 remixes of Jethro Tull's 1980 album 'A' will be released as part of a 40th Anniversary 6 disc (3CDs+3DVDs) edition by Rhino on 16th April. https://lnk.to/JethroTull-A40th

The “A La Mode” edition will include:

- Original album and and five associated recordings mixed in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM

- Full 1980 LA Sports Arena concert (108 minutes) mixed in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM

- Flat transfer of the original LP master at 96/24 LPCM stereo

- DVD of Slipstream video using remixed audio in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM

- Presented in a case-bound DVD book filled with an extensive history of the album, track-by-track annotations by Ian Anderson, rare photographs and much more.

As always it’s worth pointing out these Jethro Tull sets are one-off manufacturing runs that tend to go out of print pretty quickly, so best not to hang around if you want one.

151974899_2930106973888095_1700195907905749203_o.png

I was able to place an order with JPC.
Why?

It was about $6 cheaper for me and they dont charge tax.
As I was looking at amazongp they are now charging me tax for a different country. Used to be I was not assessed tax when buying from them. Probably the amazon conglomerate is now doing this worldwide.

Im willing to wait they got my Focus box set to me with no real problems.

Ugh. I'm on the fence with this because I haven't picked up and Tull releases yet. Kind of hoping for a full 5.1 Anthology release but that's probably just wishful thinking. Do any of the other releases have live recordings as well?

Ugh. I'm on the fence with this because I haven't picked up and Tull releases yet. Kind of hoping for a full 5.1 Anthology release but that's probably just wishful thinking. Do any of the other releases have live recordings as well?

Oh yes!
The "Heavy Horses" set includes a full live show in 5.1 (audio only) from Berne Switzerland in 1978.
The "Songs from the Wood" set includes a full live show in 5.1 from Landover, MD in 1977.
The "Minstrel in the Gallery" set includes a full live show in 5.1 (audio only) from Paris in 1975.

:)

I would be more than happy to send it to you, if you really wanted the autograph, I don't care at all.
I just ordered when Ryan posted to not wait for Amazon.
we can talk about it later if you want?
Thanks for the offer but it's not a "must have" for me either. That said, Tull was my very first rock concert and I was absolutely blown away. To see an actual live Ian Anderson autograph would be pretty cool. And then to put my finger on the ink, knowing that Ian's hand held a pen which put the ink there. I mean, it very well might be an electrifying moment. Think of the connection to be had, touching the autograph while listening to the Steven Wilson surround tracks. An out of body experience possibly! :smokin :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, I was half asleep at the wheel, clicked on Ryan's link and all I saw was "Out of Stock" not realizing there are signed/unsigned versions, and it was the version that included the autograph. o_O Believe me it was a FOMO moment :ROFLMAO: My heart rate returned to normal once I figured out that it's still available, just without the autograph. :)

I was able to place an order with JPC.
Why?

It was about $6 cheaper for me and they dont charge tax.
As I was looking at amazongp they are now charging me tax for a different country. Used to be I was not assessed tax when buying from them. Probably the amazon conglomerate is now doing this worldwide.

Im willing to wait they got my Focus box set to me with no real problems.
How do you like the Focus Box? I got mine from JPC as well. Just haven’t opened it yet

Hey MMI what I've heard i like just dipped into a couple of disks. Its more Focus than I need but its all there.

Saw 1979 Stormwatch tour @ San Diego Sports Arena with U.K. opening (with Jobson of course). Then in 1980 saw the Jethro Tull - A tour in the very same venue with Jobson now on board. Loved it.

Bought the vinyl, made a Maxell XLII-S C90 copy that I played a good while. Got the CD, never found the laserdisc but years later found a DVD (PAL format). Bought the tour program at the show.

It’s not a classic per se; I did applaud the band trying something new that mostly worked.

As a fan of many concerts in PHL, I've picked up my essential Tull box sets (Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung, TAAB, Warchild, Minstrel, Too Old, SFTW, Heavy Horses) but honestly my interest waned after Stormwatch and Broadsword. Must have missed A completely. Really don't mind if I sit this one out.

I've never listened to this before, but I have to say its not a bad album! I'll probably have to pick this up. Having Wilson do the live concert 5.1 is a plus too. His mix of the latest Hackett live album was decent for a live show.

That is really cool that the live recordings were up to Steve Wilson standards to work with this time around! Not to diss on a couple of the previous ones too hard. Flawed recordings are flawed recordings... They're obviously still so much better and welcome than a fan made audience recording with a sound quality rating of "What the hell is that noise?!" One still wonders how some of that might have come out mixed by someone else. But this should be a very welcome treat this time around!

Another great value Jethro Tull release.
Steven Wilson stereo remixes and 5.1 surround sound presentations are always top notch.
Pre-ordered immediately, without hesitation.

I think it was simply the next album in the series.

Of the later Tull releases, the cream are Broadsword, Crest of a Knave, and Catfish Rising , IMHO.
Totally agree!
All three are great albums. Really can't wait until they get the Steven Wilson treatment.

Saw 1979 Stormwatch tour @ San Diego Sports Arena with U.K. opening (with Jobson of course). Then in 1980 saw the Jethro Tull - A tour in the very same venue with Jobson now on board. Loved it.

Bought the vinyl, made a Maxell XLII-S C90 copy that I played a good while. Got the CD, never found the laserdisc but years later found a DVD (PAL format). Bought the tour program at the show.

It’s not a classic per se; I did applaud the band trying something new that mostly worked.

the Sliptream video was included as a bonus DVD on the 2004 CD remaster of 'A'

Back