Steven Wilson Steven Wilson on Bob Lefsetz Podcast

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure, Metallica Black wouldn't be my first choice. I have the DVD-A already. That said, I would never turn down a SW mix of Metallica. I bet he could make that monster rock.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what he has in the can. Whoopee
I would just prefer a more interesting Metallica album. As it is, I like the Metallica Video DVD with Kevin Shirley mixes, just based on the variety. Not least how much better he make One sound.

Puppets or AJFA would be the proverbial dream come true.

I really like the Black album but really hoping for some rock that we don't already have. Pumpkins, August would be really nice. Any Janes Addiction would be instant buy. Looking at a list of top 50 albums sales for the 90's, not a lot to choose from that is American, rock, and not previously released. If you're thinking it's an anniversary release, then the choices get even narrower.
So, my guess, Pumpkins, Chili Peppers, JA, Green Day, or Live, Throwing Copper. Just let it be something/someone new.

1. Nevermind – Nirvana (1991)
2. Ten – Pearl Jam (1991)
3. Ok Computer – Radiohead (1997)
4. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill – Lauryn Hill (1998)
5. Automatic For The People – R.E.M. (1992)
6. Achtung Baby – U2 (1991)
7. The Chronic – Dr. Dre (1992)
8. Metallica (a.k.a. The Black Album) – Metallica (1991)
9. Jagged Little Pill – Alanis Morissette (1995)
10. Dookie – Green Day (1994)

11. Blood Sugar Sex Magik – Red Hot Chili Peppers (1991)
12. (What’s the Story) Morning Glory – Oasis (1995)
13. Ready To Die – Notorious B.I.G. (1994)
14. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness – Smashing Pumpkins (1995)
15. Downward Spiral – Nine Inch Nails (1994)
16. The Score – Fugees (1996)
17. Superunknown – Soundgarden (1994)
18. CrazySexyCool – TLC (1994)
19. Illmatic – Nas (1994)
20. The Low End Theory – A Tribe Called Quest (1991)

21. In Utero – Nirvana (1993)
22. Rage Against The Machine – Rage Against The Machine (1992)
23. Siamese Dream – Smashing Pumpkins (1993)
24. Out of Time – R.E.M. (1991)
25. Dirt – Alice In Chains (1992)
26. Odelay – Beck (1996)
27. All Eyez on Me – 2pac (1996)
28. Fear Of A Black Planet – Public Enemy (1990)
29. The Bends – Radiohead (1995)
30. Definitely Maybe – Oasis (1994)

31. Aquemini – Outkast (1998)
32. Enter the Wu-tang (36 Chambers) – Wu-Tang Clan (1993)
33. MTV Unplugged in New York – Nirvana (1994)
34. Weezer – Weezer (1994)
35. Urban Hymns – The Verve (1997)
36. The Slim Shady LP – Eminem (1999)
37. Life After Death – Notorious B.I.G. (1997)
38. Grace – Jeff Buckley (1994)
39. I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got – Sinead O’Connor (1990)
40. AmeriKKKa’s Most Wanted – Ice Cube (1990)

41. Ritual De Lo Habitual – Jane’s Addiction (1990)
42. Use Your Illusion I – Guns N’ Roses (1991)
43. Use Your Illusion II – Guns N’ Roses (1991)
44. Ill Communication – Beastie Boys (1994)
45. Doggystyle – Snoop Doggy Dogg (1993)
46. Vitalogy – Pearl Jam (1994)
47. Aenima – Tool (1996)
48. Californication – Red Hot Chili Peppers (1999)
49. 3 Years, 5 Months, & 2 Days in the Life of… – Arrested Development (1992)
50. Vs. – Pearl Jam (1993)

I have been spamming Andy on facebook with this exhortation for 4 years, LOL. Moonmadness Lunar sea in ATMOS is my dream.

Also on the interview Steven talks about 2 groups of listeners, the singles kind and the sit down and absorb the whole album kind, as usual my kind of group gets snubbed. The surround immersophile!

I would just prefer a more interesting Metallica album. As it is, I like the Metallica Video DVD with Kevin Shirley mixes, just based on the variety. Not least how much better he make One sound.

Oh yes, I agree. Though, I'd take the first 4! Including their EP, Kill 'Em All.

And Justice For All would be the Metallica remix of my choice. Their true last great metal record and an opportunity for SW to correct Lars’ egotistical and idiotic burying of Jason Newsted’s bass. Between that and the Napster controversy, I grew to really detest Lars.

And Justice For All would be the Metallica remix of my choice. Their true last great metal record and an opportunity for SW to correct Lars’ egotistical and idiotic burying of Jason Newsted’s bass. Between that and the Napster controversy, I grew to really detest Lars.
Every time someone brings this up it makes me wanna re-visit Doomsday for the Deceiver:
https://www.discogs.com/Flotsam-And-Jetsam-Doomsday-For-The-Deceiver/master/106061(no, it wasn't released in the 90's and it wasn't a big seller sadly...)

All this 'Cloak and Dagger' nonsense regarding the SW release of a 'famous American Album from the 90's" is utter nonsense. We're not talking Pentagon nor Interpol "CLASSIFIED INFO" Here.

Why can't he JUST mention the name of the album and leave it at THAT!

See the source image

Last edited:
All this 'Cloak and Dagger' nonsense regarding the SW release of a 'famous American Album from the 90's" is utter nonsense. We're not talking Pentagon nor Interpol "CLASSIFIED INFO" Here.

Why can't he JUST mention the name of the album and leave it at THAT!

See the source image

Well, it does give us something to muse about Ralph. Bro...... :)

Back