DVD/DTS Poll Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink (Steven Wilson 5.1 Mix) [DD DVD+2CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Caravan - IN THE LAND OF GREY AND PINK

• Total voters
This sounds great. I love this music and dolby or not I am happy with the sound. And the mix
When this came out Neil said he heard the high resolution version which smoked this Dolby version but that is hard to believe
This is highly reccomended now a little pricey but worth it.

I decided to play this DVD to have another listen, the surround mix to me isn't amazing but does sound superb. I am happy with the sound overall, it's an album that's good to play on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

A new Caravan box set was announced today. It includes the “48/24 stereo & 5.1 Mix by Steven Wilson of In the Land of Grey & Pink - on Blu-ray for the first time.”

The box is huge (37 discs) and pricy (£275), but includes just the one surround mix.

https://burningshed.com/caravan_who-do-you-think-we-are_boxset

Fantastic..... and expensive!!

Will the 'new Steven Wilson mix' be the same he did on 2011 but was released only in DVD Lossy?

See this post to remember the story: Comments Inspired by Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink (Steven Wilson 5.1 Mix) [DD DVD+2CD]

Yeah, I preordered the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink box yesterday. There's only the one Wilson 5.1 mix just like there was only one for Gentle Giant in their box. But that particular disc is unique to that box set only, the Wilson In the Land of the Grey and Pink disc has been available for years...

I gave this a 10!
Overall a really great one. Almost can't say enough good things about this one.
Tremendous mix , thank you Steven Wilson🙂. DD or not, that doesn't take away from what's here. Great music, sound quality & performances! The organ played thru the fuzz face/cry baby wah-wah pedal...You don't hear that anymore. The 2 videos done for 'beat club' are classic!
That reminds me, back in the day, '71, I'd gotten this lp when it first came out.
I had no where to play it since I was sort of homeless & on a motorcycle. I used to go to a buddy's house to hear it..
Till this title was discussed here, I'd pretty much forgotten all about it...
Now 50 years later...The lyrics from the 7th section of ' Nine feet underground' , 'Disassociation', come to my mind....
' ..and it brings it all back to me'...'♥
& thank you to all of you for such a lively discussion....

Last edited:
I gave this a 10!
Overall a really great one. Almost can't say enough good things about this one.
Tremendous mix , thank you Steven Wilson🙂. DD or not, that doesn't take away from what's here's. Great music, sound & performances! The 2 videos done for 'beat club' were classic.
That reminds me, back in the day, '71, I'd gotten this lp when it first came out.
I had no where to play it since I was sort of homeless & on a motorcycle. I used to go to a buddy's house to hear it..
Till this title was discussed here, I'd pretty much forgotten all about it...
Now 50 years later...The lyrics from the 7th section of ' Nine feet underground' , 'Disassociation', come to my mind....
' ..and it brings it all back to me'...'♥
I first heard it in the mid 70's. I always liked it, but liked other Caravan albums more. After all these years though, I find I've listened to this album not only more than any other Caravan album, but more than most of the albums from the 70s and more than most of my multi channel collection. Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I preordered the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink box yesterday. There's only the one Wilson 5.1 mix just like there was only one for Gentle Giant in their box. But that particular disc is unique to that box set only, the Wilson In the Land of the Grey and Pink disc has been available for years...
Please do a comparison when you get it, I might have to sell a kidney.

Back