Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on Tidal anymore but anyone know who did the Sound for the Spinners
No credits (so far) on any of these new ones - but they are all done really well... :cool:

Spin.jpg

Has anyone in USA purchased the Metallica Through The Never Blu Ray with Atmos? Advertised as not playable in USA but sometimes they work? I own the non Atmos Blu Ray, but figured what the hell, if it works.
Amazon Through The Never
View attachment 63681

I have it and will not play in my Oppo. A region free kit will run around $100. So I'm not quite ready to shell out a combined $125 to hear Metallica in ATMOS. Maybe if I acquire another title or two...

Yeah I agree - sounds really good. :) Nice 3D effect - nothing super discrete but the whole thing sounds full and immersive... I think this could be the first time Rod Stewart has debuted in surround? There was a scheduled 5.1 DVD-A album that never got released I think?
AFAIK this is the first ever Rod Stewart surround track. Very cool, hopefully more to come.

@EricKalet , can you try playing Suzanne Ciane Live in Atmos from Tidal and let me know what you hear? My receiver detects the Atmos but there's nothing coming from the height speakers

@EricKalet , can you try playing Suzanne Ciane Live in Atmos from Tidal and let me know what you hear? My receiver detects the Atmos but there's nothing coming from the height speakers

Suzanne Ciani Live Quadraphonic is just that: Quadraphonic.

It uses the Dolby Atmos platform in Tidal to be able to stream multichannel, as there is no Tidal offering for 5.1 music, AFAIK.

Not only the Heights are silent but also the Central and the Surrounds.

It uses only Fronts for the Front Quads and Surround Backs (in a 7.1 floor configuration) for the Quad Rears. It is nice that She use the Surround Backs instead of Surrounds for the Quad rears to get a more "Square sound config". Perhaps is intentionally or perhaps is how Atmos render the objects that are "tied" to the four room corners.

I'm now checking how it sounds better, With Atmos (only QUAD) or choosing the AVR Option DD+ with Upmixer to enable all the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back