Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one amazing debut album! Ready for the weekend–eponymous!
1614488406659.png
Vampire Weekend Vampire Weekend
https://www.allmusic.com/album/vampire-weekend-mw0000586147

Öz ÜrügülüFashion And Welfare

"
Inventive, funny, and complex best describes
this obscure, six-piece band from Switzerland.
Fashion and Welfare is a bracing compilation of virtuosic instrumentals that deftly blends a variety of styles, including rock, jazz, funk, metal, Middle-Eastern, prog, and classical.
The easiest way to describe this group is to compare them to their most obvious ancestor: Frank Zappa, whose influence permeates the entire album"

a4114712985_10.jpg

Last edited:
Tangerine Dream Hyperborea 2020 digital
(includes 5 songs from Risky Business)

Risky Business original soundtrack
The Dream Is Always The Same
No Future (Get Off The Babysitter)
Guido The Killer Pimp
Lana
Love On A Real Train

81kqRf+frjL._SL1420_.jpg

Listening to Dylan's 1970 Disc 2. George Harrison plays on tracks 2,3,6,7,10,11,16. These are basically june and May of 1970, possibly George's first session since the break up of The Beatles?
Notables playing on all 3 discs are Charlie Daniels bass guitar, Al kooper keyboards, David Bromberg guitars, Russ Kunkle drums, plus others.
61mUZiJ6UtL._SX425_.jpg

Edison's Children – The Final Breath Before November
I downloaded this album onto a playlist.
3 songs really impressed me so I listened to them for 4 days straight...

Some killer guitar work:
Silhouette - X
Silence Can Be Deafening
Silhouette - Xi Welcome To Your Nightmares
Silhouette - Xii Music For The End Credits Of An Existence

a3564488626_10.jpg

Tony Bennett A TIME FOR LOVE [EPIC/CD] IMO, one of Tony's most EXQUISITE albums with the incomparable Ralph Sharon Trio. Textbook vocals, phrasing, orchestrations and sonics! Would love for AP or D~V to reissue it on Stereo SACD from the original analogue masters.

See the source image

Last edited:
Oo! Thanks for the inspiration! For me, this is the Bennett that gets the most play
View attachment 63909 The Tony Bennett/Bill Evans Album
https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-tony-bennett-bill-evans-album-mw0000028559

FYI, Fantasy Records has expanded this awesome set to encompass all three albums culled from these sessions. Three albums on 2 CDs:

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Tony-Bennett-Evans-Recordings/dp/B001UE27X8 [ONLY 1 LEFT, CLEM, Will it be YOURS?]

71TjYGR0M5L._SL1500_.jpg

61EbMv5Iv0L.jpg

Paul, I have listened to this 3 times this weekend. Hands down best rock new release of 2021, so far. Love his guitar work.
Track 1, Along For The Ride, I know I have heard that riff before, and I know I have it and it's on the tip of my ears.

Glad I didn’t lead you astray! I get a little burned out on Toto (the price of fanaticism) but I was pleasantly surprised at how fresh it sounds.

Back