Forget reality, what is your dream multichannel release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, there's no surround content in the box set--just a few outtakes mixed in stereo by Wilson. I think they were unable to locate the master tapes.

Oh, ok. In that case I sincerely apologize for being the bearer of fake news.
Sorry, @Starkenstein .

Last edited:
I am normally a classic-to-modern rock fan with some Soul thrown in...but I am going through one of my listening to nothing but Louis Armstrong phases...since we are eschewing reality in this thread, discrete multichannel mixes of “Satch Plays Fats” and/or “Louis Armstrong plays W.C. Handy” would be manna from Heaven...or anything with the All Stars for that matter 😍

I'm gonna add this one to my 'dream multichannel release' list: Dream Theater's Metropolis Pt. 2-Scenes From A Memory.

I'm gonna add this one to my 'dream multichannel release' list: Dream Theater's Metropolis Pt. 2-Scenes From A Memory.
unfortunately i think that ship has sailed. We had our chance with the 20th anniversary.
With Mike Portnoy's departure, I think they don't want to deal with royalties and the likes.

unfortunately i think that ship has sailed. We had our chance with the 20th anniversary.
With Mike Portnoy's departure, I think they don't want to deal with royalties and the likes.

I agree, however, we can Dream (and there's a 25th Anniversary comin' up in a few years for Metropolis).

They did give us a tru-hd 5.1 on the 20th anniversary concert at least.

That's right, and it's wonderful. The latest Dream Theater Blu-Ray, Distant Memories - Live In London does give us a taste of what Metropolis Pt.2 would sound like in 5.1 (or Atmos).

Back