Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Focus - Moving Waves

download (86).jpg

My favorite Yes era is the Trevor Rabin era. I own 3 versions of Big Generator, and as usual the orginal 1980's or 1990's CD's always pull through as good quality.
1987 CD DR's 15, 14, 16, 14, 14, 13, 13, 15 Inexpensive
2017 Japanese SACD DR's 9,8 9,9,8,7,8,9 Expensive
2013 HDTracks 14, 14, 14, 14, 13, 13, 13, 15 Expensive
R-508497-1241060078.jpeg.jpg

Even NICE! Looking forward to your review (in the surround thread!) of the surround mix on the live concert DVD!

I already posted my mini review in another thread but to reiterate NOTHING GOING ON IN THE REARS but I would highly recommend the 90 minute concert as it's STELLAR A C and I'd opt for the $14.99 RBCD/DVD~A DTS 4.1 combo over the more pricey box set with BD~V..... unless you want that extra large A C Tee shirt and those 3 'stickers!'

I already posted my mini review in another thread but to reiterate NOTHING GOING ON IN THE REARS but I would highly recommend the 90 minute concert as it's STELLAR A C and I'd opt for the $14.99 RBCD/DVD~A DTS 4.1 combo over the more pricey box set with BD~V..... unless you want that extra large A C Tee shirt and those 3 'stickers!'
WHAA?!? I was really hoping for a great surround mix given the effusive posts from @marpow ! I'm sorry i missed your POST, but i'm glad i waited on buying the disc–i can't believe there's NOTHING in the rears! What a bummer! Good to know the music is good, though–thanks for your feedback!

WHAA?!? I was really hoping for a great surround mix given the effusive posts from @marpow ! I'm sorry i missed your POST, but i'm glad i waited on buying the disc–i can't believe there's NOTHING in the rears! What a bummer! Good to know the music is good, though–thanks for your feedback!

Unless, Comrade, Markie was hearing 'bats in the belfry' in the rear of his listening room........I kept putting my ears to the rear speakers and even the ambience is depressingly MINIMAL. But it's recorded well and it's Alice and he's still BATSHIT....in a flattering light!

See the source image

Unless, Comrade, Markie was hearing 'bats in the belfry' in the rear of his listening room........I kept putting my ears to the rear speakers and even the ambience is depressingly MINIMAL. But it's recorded well and it's Alice and he's still BATSHIT....in a flattering light!
Is this the one I said is 4.1? I'm swimming in new music lately and can't remember what I said.

Is this the one I said is 4.1? I'm swimming in new music lately and can't remember what I said.

Si, Si, Markie! It's DTS 4.1 although my OPPO mistakenly specifies 5.1. Not to worry, a FANTASTIC 90 minute Spectacle and well worth the tiny investment!

And with the added bonus of 15 NEW tracks from Alice on the included RBCD, a NO BRAINER purchase!

Back