• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's for SALE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me mention this sale...someone that isn't a videophile but appreciates a set with deep blacks and on a budget...this could be the answer...now many think Vizio is a horrible TV....that was true in the beginning...they used to be considered throw away TVs....but they have become a pretty good option for someone on a budget...PLUS...in this case....the buyer could use some of the savings on this set and buy the 5 year Geek Squad extended warranty...which I believe covers burn in on OLED sets....so check it out

The BDP-95's analog audio section boasts an ESS Sabre32 (ES9018) Reference DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for the 7.1-channel analog output and a second ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC for the stereo output, along with a Rotel-made toroidal transformer and higher-grade op-amps that measurably improve its analog ...Aug 17, 2011
Oppo BDP-95 3D Blu-ray Player | Sound & Vision

I sprung for the BDP-95 over 10 years ago, based on reviews on the Sabre32, the price was double for the 95 ($999) over the 93 ($499) just for that component. I have never been unhappy with it, I previously had an OPPO DV-981 player which I liked a lot but it did not play Blu-Ray. I have never been able to compare the 93 to the 95 (or the newer 203 / 205) but I would think that either will bring immense pleasure and sonic satisfaction. Also, my 95 plays USB jump drives and easily handles downloaded MP3s, FLAC and God knows whatever other formats might get thrown at it. It is my baby!

The BDP-95's analog audio section boasts an ESS Sabre32 (ES9018) Reference DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for the 7.1-channel analog output and a second ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC for the stereo output, along with a Rotel-made toroidal transformer and higher-grade op-amps that measurably improve its analog ...Aug 17, 2011
Oppo BDP-95 3D Blu-ray Player | Sound & Vision

I sprung for the BDP-95 over 10 years ago, based on reviews on the Sabre32, the price was double for the 95 ($999) over the 93 ($499) just for that component. I have never been unhappy with it, I previously had an OPPO DV-981 player which I liked a lot but it did not play Blu-Ray. I have never been able to compare the 93 to the 95 (or the newer 203 / 205) but I would think that either will bring immense pleasure and sonic satisfaction. Also, my 95 plays USB jump drives and easily handles downloaded MP3s, FLAC and God knows whatever other formats might get thrown at it. It is my baby!
A couple of months ago I bought a BDP-103 for a reasonable price on eBay and was blown away by the sound quality. The biggest improvement over that of all my universal players including the Oppo DV-970HD was the sound of the Dutton SACD's played back in DSD. Some claim that there is no difference between DSD converted to PCM and straight DSD but they are clearly wrong!

My original intent for the 103 was to help reduce some clutter in my living room by replacing the Oppo (SACD, DVD-A), LG Super-Blu (Blu-ray) and the Sony BDP-5100 used for 3D and SACD ripping. I didn't expect any improvement in sound. I first hooked it up in my "man cave" and then didn't want to give it up! It was suggested that I put it in the living room and look for a BDP-105 which has even better audio performance (for the man cave).

Since then I've been looking for either another 103 or a 105 but all the 105's seemed to be priced out of sight. I started expanding my search including the BDP-93, 95 even the 83 and 85. Anyway I was able to snipe an auction for a BDP-95 for only a bit more than I paid for the 103! Checking the specs of the 95 against the 105 it looks like the 95 might actually have better audio performance due to the use of parallel connected DAC's, which help to reduce noise. The main negative reported was the use of a fan for cooling, some people find it noisy. Personally I've never found the noise from any cooling fan to be bothersome, I recall some computer reviews where people complained about the fan noise, for myself the sound of a fan running helps to give me confidence that my electronics are not overheating!

The 105 and 95 both have separate stereo outputs (balanced and unbalanced), great for the connection of Quad decoders without having to resort to the use of Y adaptors off the front surround outputs. The ability of these players to stream audio over the home network and to be able to connect a USB hard drive are all incredible bonus features!

I was going to wait to post about this until I actually received it, but I couldn't resist replying to your post!

Oppo for a very good price

Yes that is a very good price. I bought it! Good to have a backup for my 103D and Sony UBP 800x M2 universal players. Not sure how much longer any BR players- let alone universal- will be sold, at least at reasonable prices. With physical media becoming more and more of a niche as streaming takes over, more manufactures are dropping BR players from their offerings

At some point in the not-too-distant future, I think they'll be scarce and command top dollar. I have too big of a library (though it pales compared to many here) to risk not being able to play them or having to pay out the wazoo for a player.

Many thanks Clint!

My only concern is something covering the IR window. I assume it's some kind of extender and hope it won't present a problem. I was going to ask the seller about it before I bought, but was concerned someone might snatch it up while I waited for an answer!

Yes that is a very good price. I bought it! Good to have a backup for my 103D and Sony UBP 800x M2 universal players. Not sure how much longer any BR players- let alone universal- will be sold, at least at reasonable prices. With physical media becoming more and more of a niche as streaming takes over, more manufactures are dropping BR players from their offerings

At some point in the not-too-distant future, I think they'll be scarce and command top dollar. I have too big of a library (though it pales compared to many here) to risk not being able to play them or having to pay out the wazoo for a player.

Many thanks Clint!

My only concern is something covering the IR window. I assume it's some kind of extender and hope it won't present a problem. I was going to ask the seller about it before I bought, but was concerned someone might snatch it up while I waited for an answer!

Keep in mind that Ebay is very "buyer centric"...any problems and they side with the buyer...I would ask him now about any questions you have...congrats on the purchase..

Keep in mind that Ebay is very "buyer centric"...any problems and they side with the buyer...I would ask him now about any questions you have...congrats on the purchase..

I actually did go through with sending the message- just decided to go ahead and purchase right away. I asked if it came with everything included in the box, did he have the original box and cover and what was that covering the IR window? I asked him to not ship until I got an answer, but that the only deal-breaker would be if whatever covered the IR window effected usage.

No answer yet. Great find though. Thanks again!

I actually did go through with sending the message- just decided to go ahead and purchase right away. I asked if it came with everything included in the box, did he have the original box and cover and what was that covering the IR window? I asked him to not ship until I got an answer, but that the only deal-breaker would be if whatever covered the IR window effected usage.

No answer yet. Great find though. Thanks again!
Either an extender or a control system interface. Either way they are just stuck on with transparent tape.

Either an extender or a control system interface. Either way they are just stuck on with transparent tape.

It's already received and in my system. It does seem to make the unit more receptive to the remote- I can point the remote at the ceiling and it works no problem. Maybe just power of suggestion, not sure. Regardless, it poses no problem.

Waiting for some hdmi cables from monoprice; will use the 103D for movies and my cable box/DVR, to take advantage of Darbee, and the 103 for music discs. Hope one of them at least will outlast me...

If you use Deep Discount HATTER discount code and you don't already own this.....it's a good deal, and it's a great title.

1614871470464.png

Back