Reavon Blu-ray DVD-Audio SACD player coming out in Europe.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I emailed and asked if the player will do 'pure' DVD-Audio, we'll see what comes back.
PS: I also asked them if it was effectively an Oppo!

Regarding the latter, it would make perfect sense to buy the rights from OPPO since all the metal parts and innards, I'm sure, are intact and then perhaps making a few refinements to the more expensive UBR~X200 by replacing the Oppo's ESS DACs with the Burr Browns to justify it's cost....perhaps resulting in better sonics all around!

Last edited:
What do you mean by pure DVD-A? My Sony supports DVD-A but via HDMI which I assume is what these players will do too.
So how does that work? Does the Sony convert the MLP to PCM and send it out over HDMI ? Or is the AVR/processor you use MLP capable?

I dont know what Pure DVD-A means either. Maybe it means; "Does it decode the MLP stream?"

So how does that work? Does the Sony convert the MLP to PCM and send it out over HDMI ? Or is the AVR/processor you use MLP capable?

I dont know what Pure DVD-A means either. Maybe it means; "Does it decode the MLP stream?"

NEVER heard of PURE DVD~A as Opposed to PURE DSD which means recording and mastering were all done in DSD and the Player is programmed to output DSD to the pre/pro/amps

NEVER heard of PURE DVD~A as Opposed to PURE DSD which means recording and mastering were all done in DSD and the Player is programmed to output DSD to the pre/pro/amps
Me thinks the confusion comes from the usage of a combined DVD Audio Video logo. Usually similar but individual logos would be used for DVD Audio and DVD Video.Had they stuck to that tradition the ability to play DVD-A would be clear.

I own the Panasonic DP-UB9000P-K for exceptional Blu Ray and the Sony UBP-X800M2 for exceptional SACD, DVD-A and Blu Ray of course, both stacked, looks like one unit for $1300.00.
I have to laugh, mention cables and tweaks and what not and the Devils come out, that's a bunch of snake oil, but mention any player and it is ga-ga.
IMG_1014.jpg

I own the Panasonic DP-UB9000P-K for exceptional Blu Ray and the Sony UBP-X800M2 for exceptional SACD, DVD-A and Blu Ray of course, both stacked, looks like one unit for $1300.00.
I have to laugh, mention cables and tweaks and what not and the Devils come out, that's a bunch of snake oil, but mention any player and it is ga-ga.
View attachment 64092

Is that a flip-phone I see hiding to the left of your speaker. hahaha.....ahem.

View attachment 64092

What I don't see are any of those remarkable Shakti Stones sitting atop any of your components, Markie. CHEAP BASTARD!

See the source image

What do you mean by pure DVD-A? My Sony supports DVD-A but via HDMI which I assume is what these players will do too.

Yikes! I meant a DVD-A so not containing video as opposed to a DVD-A/V (which are authored differently), hence 'pure' in ' '. A lot of players will do DVD-A/V but not DVD-A which can have 5.1 as MLP and aren't recognised.

Yikes! I meant a DVD-A so not containing video as opposed to a DVD-A/V (which are authored differently), hence 'pure' in ' '. A lot of players will do DVD-A/V but not DVD-A which can have 5.1 as MLP and aren't recognised.

Yikes, Dunc, even more confusing. All DVD~As contain some type of video [as in Menus, etc] but I kind of get your gist as some DVD~As do contain additional material such as Music Videos. slide shows, credits etc.

I read this thread at work earlier but had to clear my browser cache a of days ago so my login was wiped.
My 1st question as someone else mentioned was the DAC chip.
TI, really Burr-Brown 1690 vs ESS Sabre?
I know all too well that the implementation is more important than the component spec, but really?
A circa 2008 DAC chip?
I won't be convinced by a mile until someone posts a pic with the lid off & some valid specs until this is anywhere near a clone of the 205.

Back