2006 eBay Shocker Log ARCHIVE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought that they never released Q4 reels because it would have "exposed" how poorly the SQ decoders were at the time (1970-1975). Their Q8's were amazing, but they probably didn't figure them to be an audiophile's choice over an SQ LP. A Q4 would be a different story.

I always thought that they never released Q4 reels because it would have "exposed" how poorly the SQ decoders were at the time (1970-1975). Their Q8's were amazing, but they probably didn't figure them to be an audiophile's choice over an SQ LP. A Q4 would be a different story.

I would bet that you hit the nail squarely on the head Jon. Sony never really did make an excellent SQ decoder, and it wasn't until the format was all but dead that really good ones became available. They made some very nice Q4 decks though.

As for Q8s, my best buddy had a Q8 player in his car, and we listened to it a LOT. I can't remember the brand ... I probably never saw it through all the SMOKE! :D

Mike.

By God, Jon, I think you're right.
Never thought of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back